Judd's Canandaigua Thread

Judd1954shenkman4982

Judd's Canandaigua Thread

Post by Judd1954shenkman4982 »

Can't seem to reach out to anybody at this site.
What am I doing wrong????
f1steveuk

Re: Getting in touch

Post by f1steveuk »

Well I saw that one, so "hello"!!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Richie

Post by Richie »

Howdy doody welcome to the mad house
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Welcome Judd.

The guestbook was not the best place to start if you want interaction. You will find all the interaction that you need here on the forum, some of it even contains humour and everyone is embraced in a similar fashion (have you experienced 'northern' or Geordie humour before .............?

The only rule is "rule 1" - do not ask a question which demands a day or date, at some point in the future, for the end of this project. [The 'W...' word requires a monetary donation to support the rebuild.]

What you can add to the K7 story about Canandaigua will be enjoyed by many on the forum and involved with the BBP.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Judd1954shenkman4982

Thanks Mike Bull

I'm Judd from Canandaigua NY USA,had a hard time logging on, am recovering from a long illness,and somebody gave me an
iPad. Donald Campbell made a speed attemp on our lake when I was 4, now 60.I know he went by our cottage on the last day doing 203 mph on 9/7/57, my birthday, my Dad and other area business men played a part in Donald coming to our
City that summer,some kind of big event. My Dad passed in 2001,had shared stories of Donald being at our local Golf club,
making his entrance on a baby elephant, wearing a Tuxedo, with quite a "buzz on",at least that's what I was told.theres
Another story I'll share later on , think I mentioned on the guest book site that in the 90's,I was trying to convince a very
wealthy man from our area, who by the way was launching and effort to build an antique boat museum, near the lake in
our city,to include an attraction about Campbell and even went as far as being interviewed by a regional newspaper
about the plan.My one and only just had just graduated from the University of Rochester as a film major, and had done some local short films. Another friend was connected to Fugi Film Co. And was willing to provide free movie film etc.
My plan was to go to Coniston, son and crew in tow and do some sort of Docudrama,(by the seat of my pants)and having secured 30 days off from the company I worked for. I traveled our area and had several donations promised to me for the
Job.As luck would have it the " Main Money Man" had backed out and pretty much ended the dream, and all my plans.
With never really have any idea of the Bluebird Project, I was aware that the wreck had been found,a recent show o TV
Modern marvels, had done a segment on Campbell which got my blood pumping again,then led me to this marvelous
Project.gotta sign off now, I'll be back, and thanks again
Judd1954shenkman4982

Judd/ canandaigua again

Thanks for all the replies and getting me going in the right direction, I'll log on again with another of my Dad's stories
Of Sir Donald's On land antic's in our fair city
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Welcome Judd

I am sure we will be fascinated by those stories. Just for the record, unlike his Father, Donald was never honoured with a Knighthood, just a CBE.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Judd1954shenkman4982

Another story

Judd here, another story my Dad had shared was back in 1957, again at the local golf club on formal night.you see, when later on in my life,1998, my wife and myself had purchased a home in canandaigua from an older couple, Bob and Jean
Cramer.During our dealings with them, it came up that she was my art teacher at the local academy which I never would have realized until meeting them. I would have been in my early teens then.let me cut to the point, one thing led to another, we got talking old days as Bob knew my Dad. It finally came up that on that fateful formal night in 57 , as Bob
Twirled his wife (in a crowd) on the Dance floor, I was told that Donald Campbell( being guest of honor) twirled some
Gal at the same time , ( i do swear they told me this) a waiter in between bumped into Donald, thus sending a tray of
Spaghetti onto the front of Bob Cramer(now in half spin) and his white tuxedo. Bob being a rather large fellow was about to resort to fisticuffs, but again friends of my Dad's and others calmed him down. Now when I hear these things live and in
Person with these and other folks it made for some great memories of Donald Campbell and needless to say , the shear awe
Of the Bluebird k7 as it sat at our local Marina, (it's a big deal to me). I've got one more, deals with Donald at my Dads
Clothing store. Later friends
Judd1954shenkman4982

Re: Judd's Canandaigua Thread

Hi, gonna cool for a while till I get a better handle on the internet stuff,sorry for the confusion, I was laid up for so long
I get confused doing a lot of things these days, I try a little harder in the future
Judd1954shenkman4982

Re: Judd's Canandaigua Thread

In response to Mike Bull saying share whatever, I might have been known as " The Donald Campbell" of my lake
( in the day) have a few of my own news paper articles, I'll share sometime, being home in recovery for quite a long
time , had a lot of time to reminisce , I will try to stay with what the Bluebird Project and fast boats have to do in this
Forum, thanks( welcome any feedback)