scrapheap challenge

jonwrightk7

scrapheap challenge

Post by jonwrightk7 »

just noticed bills appearance on the above is being shown on more4 at 12.10. got to be worth another look!
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Renegadenemo

Re: scrapheap challenge

Post by Renegadenemo »

That was a great day out. I really enjoyed legging it around the bottom of the underwater stage with a gas bottle on my head.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

She was lovely and I was doing well until she said her husband was 'an honorary girl' who couldn't put a plug on. At that point I decided I wasn't her type and went to chat up a welding set instead.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

What they don't tell you is that yes, you have ten hours or whatever it is, but that doesn't include the downtime needed to get all the wide shots, cutatways, peces to camera and all the other TV making carry on. The result was that we started at 7.00am and didn't finish until 11.00pm. Then on the second day the team have a nice relaxing day with their feet up while the experts and the in-house techies go back to the heap to finish the detail work and get everything working. Next it all had to be loaded onto a truck and taken to Pinewood where the guy who runs the underwater stage refused to let me get wet because I didn't have a current medical. I'd already told this to the researcher when first invited to be an expert but this info hadn't made it to Pinewood so panic ensued and I was bundled into a car and driven to Harley Street where Dr John King signed me off as 100% with no restrictions.

"The only thing wrong with you," he said in a plummy voice, "is there's rather too much of you. Lose the knife and fork."

I laughed all day at that and finally got the gas-bottle diving hat wet at about 4.00pm. The stage manager had already dived it and was very enthusiastic about its performance but he wanted to see if I was any good so I was chucked in with only a 3 litre bottle of air. No mask, no fins. They finally had to shout of me over the underwater tannoy because they were worried I'd run out of gas whilst running about the bottom of their tank. Not a chance. The dive was great fun and we won easily despite one of our lift bags sinking. I'm convinced to this day it was sabotaged. The producers knew we were going to win hands-down and that's not good TV so a little twist was added, methinks. I suppose this because the lift bags were all hung upside down from the forklift and filled with water to test them. Filled with water in air is the same force as filled with air under water. None of them leaked before we packed them and we had spares just in case. Still, as I said, a fun day out.

klingon

Post by klingon »

That's it Bill-move over Siebe Gorman-enter The Bill Smith Patented Diving Apparatus!-Fred Dibnah would be proud of you!
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

He kind of looked like an underwater Ned Kelly!
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!