16 Year Anniversary - 8th March 2017

Terminator

16 Year Anniversary - 8th March 2017

Post by Terminator »

Well here we are sixteen years on since we pulled the old boat out of the lake.Surprisingly nobody else has flagged up the anniversary date re today being the day!
I have enjoyed the whole affair from start to " well she will be ready when she is ready" :D and although the Project has had its challenges over the years I wouldn't change it for the world.

2001 seems a long time ago but lets not forget we did not start rebuilding the old boat until January 2007. Here's to the next sixteen years well hopefully not :shock: When do I get my Gold watch Mr. Smith :lol:
Novie
The Bluebird Project
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Re: 16 Year Anniversary - 8th March 2017

Post by Renegadenemo »

Speak for yourself! The lift is a matter of great personal pride to those who took part in it and we never fail to raise a glass on 8th March.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hear Hear! "Great Personal Pride"I second that you old lunatic and I did indeed raise a glass or two this evening and a curry to boot :D
I suppose it is hard for those not originally there in 2001 to fully understand the emotions attached to that special time in history.
Happy memories of all the work,pranks and fun times we shared on and off the lake during that special time.

The Crazy British. :D
Novie
The Bluebird project
Richie

Post by Richie »

Long service medals ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Richie

Post by Richie »

New top would do me, and maybe a jumper :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Embroidered check shirt please ...

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Novie already wants a project tie!
And then wear it - on purpose? What are ties for? Anyone know?

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Now now girls re ties and medals don,t go getting your knickers all twisted every time this subject is raised! After all it is an important Anniversary for godsake but your clearly not happy or willing to recognize what has gone before. :roll:

Fact -if the boat had not been raised in 2001by a lot of good people and many months were spent on the lake searching for those vitals components there would be no cockpit or boat for that matter to work on! Lifting,shifting & searching hell we nearly lost one diver!

And I make no apologies for reminiscing or for wanting a project tie so when we are attending meetings Malcolm,Paul and myself can properly represent the Project! So make as much mischief/comments re a private conversation as you wish, history cannot be deleted or altered to suit the newbies.

Novie Dzinora
The Bluebird Project
And Proud of it.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

That day in 2001 will only ever be properly appreciated by those who were there. It was an amazing experience. Many landmarks since and more to come but that was the biggie - so far. One day soon we'll take the old girl home then get three sodding ties made too to put that one to bed once and for all! :lol: :lol:

Richie

Post by Richie »

Sigh.... such emotion......

If the boat had not been raised by Bill, having located it, I can assure you that the boat would have ultimately been raised by many divers, all of which would have hung their bits of aluminium alongside a porthole or some other under sea recovered article.

Also the dive related fatality rate on the lake would have probably tripled.

So on that basis "Diver Bill Smith" is also "Life saving Bill Smith"