ATL Script

Terminator

Re: ATL Script

Post by Terminator » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Hate to spoil your fun guys we did all this back in January during the 50th Anniversary didn't we Mr. Evans ;)
No need to bid as if you want copies of the ATL script I have it all and more. Word for word and all the different locations used during filming etc etc . Heck I even have access to how much the taxi was when Sir A. Hopkins left for London with his daughter having finished filming. Well he had the director suddenly wanted another shot of him fully masked sat in the cockpit with those eyes starring back out at you which we all see in the film. However it wasn't A.Hopkins eyes starring back at you but a certain Mr. Roger Mallinson who can still be seen traveling around locally on sunny days with his Alsatian sat proudly in the passenger seat of his vintage car.The B.B.C paid the bill of course to Browns Luxurious coaches of Ambleside who later became Browns Taxis who did the journey from Coniston to London but for confidential reasons i cannot disclose how many shillings it cost at this time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Novie Dzinora
Removes Anorak and leaves :D
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:42 am

Indeed we did, Mr Dzinora!

Having gatecrashed the first week's filming of ATL back in 1988 it was nice to be able give an insight into the production back in January as part of the 50th anniversary commemorations and even I learnt a thing or two when researching and revisiting some of the locations used. The Speed Record Club was also able to reunite Robbie Robinson and Mark Stratton who played Robbie in the film who, together with Gina, took part in a behind the scenes presentation on the film. In addition I was able to make contact with a number of the cast who also provided comments based on their experiences around Coniston. Now somewhere I have a copy of the filming schedule signed by AH, wonder what that might be worth?

And Roger Mallinson is quite a character in his own right, well worth a google, in his childhood he was around Sir Malcolm Campbell and later on knew Donald.

Happy days and appreciated the help, Novie!

Phil

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:29 am

Richie wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:17 pm
I have just emptied my garden of canine created gorillas fingers, I bid those !
I'd gather up all my cat's muck and try and outbid you, but I've seen the size of your dog and I've got no chance! :lol: :lol:

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Some wonderful little insights there Novie, thank you for sharing. I always thought those eyes didn't look like Mr Hopkin's; now I know why. :D :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Re Roger Mallinson, he used to keep (probably still does keep) a stunningly beautiful vintage steamboat in the wet berths at Wray Castle's boathouse on Windermere. I believe it's the only closed and secure boathouse on the lake capable of taking his boat. About 20 years ago, he was kind enough to show me all round his pride and joy and I gathered he was a bit of a character.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it

Pegasus

Post by Pegasus » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 am

Updated information on Roger's boat Shamrock can be found here, Rob.

http://www.shamrocktrust.org.uk/index.p ... ed/6-trust

Phil

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks Phil, much appreciated

When you come to a fork in the road, take it

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 pm

This Campbell trivia thing must be catching ...

I spotted the chap who plays Leo Villa in Across The Lake in an episode of The Avengers tonight.

[Dons anorak smartly and prances off with a jaunty gait]

Nigel

polo

Post by polo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 pm

Roger is also famous for being trapped in the Pisces 3 submersible at a depth of 480m with the ensuing highly publicised rescue! He and Chapman were pulled from Pisces after 84 1/2hrs and had a calculated 12 minutes of air left! Luckily Roger had put an extra oxygen tank onboard the day before otherwise....... :o :o

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:32 am

Here's a first... One of Polo's amazing fantasies seems to contain a grain of truth!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of ... er_Chapman
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."