Warby's Spirit of Australia II

Malcolm Ops

Re: Warby's Spirit of Australia II

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 pm Is it only me who did the numbers? He's pushing 300kmh, which, in English is about 180mph on a stretch of water 1500m long, (English = a smoot under a mile). Now then, we have a mile and a half on Loch Fad. I see interesting possibilities.
Only you Bill would put the numbers up for all to read!

My tape measure says 1.25 miles, but that is still 2000m. However having stood on the shoreline of Loch Fad our pilots do not have any 'extra' water, as Dave has had. How do I write 'interesting possibilities' into an Operation Plan for the Crew Testing Exercise?

Malcolm
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Are we going to need an aircraft carrier arrester wire?
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Wasn't me! Dave Warby put the numbers up.

We scale Fad t 1.5 miles but no matter, maybe a spot of mild planing may be possible. We'll see.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 pm
Renegadenemo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:13 pm Is it only me who did the numbers? He's pushing 300kmh, which, in English is about 180mph on a stretch of water 1500m long, (English = a smoot under a mile). Now then, we have a mile and a half on Loch Fad. I see interesting possibilities.

My tape measure says 1.25 miles, but that is still 2000m. However having stood on the shoreline of Loch Fad our pilots do not have any 'extra' water, as Dave has had. How do I write 'interesting possibilities' into an Operation Plan for the Crew Testing Exercise?

Malcolm
I think SoA gets up on plane a lot quicker than K7 did (will)...
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Malcolm
I think SoA gets up on plane a lot quicker than K7 did (will) ...
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I think SoA gets up on plane a lot quicker than K7 did (will) ...
I'd say that's fair, though looking at the footage of late 66, K7 fairly leapt up and shot away using maybe 100 yards of water. And she'll certainly come down quicker than SoA, especially with her water brake that we think we have working properly now. Not thinking of doing anything risky, mind you, especially with Malcolm watching over us, but it's interesting to have numbers for a confined area when we've never had such numbers before.

ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

Ill do what im told..... ;) .... :twisted:

ultimately we'll see, I certainly dont want to 'put it up the beach' :?
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:59 am [Not thinking of doing anything risky, mind you, especially with Malcolm watching over us,
Hopefully all who have an interest in K7 are reassured by this. I know I am!
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

In fact, you'd have to be pretty stupid to imagine we'd take the slightest risk with the thing after all this hard work... Everyone knows that, right?

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 pm you'd have to be pretty stupid to imagine we'd take the slightest risk with the thing after all this hard work.
I know the pantomime season is over, but I would say "Oh yes there are". To which others may then respond ......
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England