Isle of Bute

rich1608

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by rich1608 »

Mike Bull wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:08 pm
corrine wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:10 pm hope you have his mascot with you, our thought will be with you
No thanks, the furry little sod is a jinx!!! :lol:
Was the furry little sod in CN7 when Donald came unstuck at Bonneville? If it was, and Donald had had second thoughts about the bear's role in subsequent record attemps then history might have been very different. Either way I hope Gina leaves him at home from now on!
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

rich1608 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:10 pm [Was the furry little sod in CN7 when Donald came unstuck at Bonneville?
Yup, it was.... And onboard K7 on 4th Jan'67. Recovered from the water, post the accident, I believe...
Richie

Post by Richie »

Gina said herself Mr Whoppit will be watching from the safety of the shoreline.

I tend to agree the bear is a common denominator in a number of collisions.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

No bear or other superstitious ornaments, adornments or paraphernalia will be carried by this pilot... magazines excepted...
Richie

Post by Richie »

We still ok to put a naked picture of me on the dash ? You did promise Ted !?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
geoffmarsh

Post by geoffmarsh »

Hello Bill, I'm coming up from the 12th to the 15th (With a donation of course). Is there easy vehicle access to the fishery and adequate parking - or do I need to walk in? Geoff Marsh
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The school car park is being set aside for parking and there's a path from there to the loch. I believe there's also transport for less able people but the road to the loch will be more or less impassable as it's single track anyway and we'll need it. It'll likely be closed if we get busy. Just imagine the palaver in Cumbria were we to threaten to close a road. Committees and councils and meetings and all sorts of other bulls**t. In Scotland - common sense says shut the road so the road gets shut.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Just to add some detail to the description given by the 'boss'.

The 'school' is the Rothesay Joint Campus site, which is at Townhead on the B881, which is the continuation of the High Street out of town (or about 1 mile straight off the ferry!). Note! the School holidays do end during the second week of the crew training exercise. The walking route is about 5/8 mile, down to the area of the Loch Fad Fishery, where the boat is to be based.

More details as to other observation areas and the terrain under foot later next week.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Expectations are quite high on the Isle of Bute. Notices abound in business places.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

geoffmarsh wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:31 pm
P1010626.JPG
P1010631.JPG
or do I need to walk in? Geoff Marsh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England