Isle of Bute

ThornyBush

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by ThornyBush »

Thanks for the tips ref walking/parking.

Good to see the team at work again this afternoon, we felt very honored to have the chance to give a hand pushing/shoving to get things parked up safely.

Look forward to seeing you all up on Bute soon - I'll get a round of beers in for you all!
"Turned Out Nice Again!"
""There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one."
Motorbikes, Big Blue "Boats", 1/2 Scale Wooden Silver Boats.... and Craft Ales (but not all at the same time)...
Billyblue

Post by Billyblue »

Hello guys, looking forward to seeing the K7 on the Fad next week. Can you confirm what day and ferry time she will be travelling on from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay? I stay close by and just wanted to head down for a look before she travels across the Clyde. Ta👍🇬🇧
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Billyblue wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:57 pm Can you confirm what day and ferry time she will be travelling on from Wemyss Bay to Rothesay?
I see the crew are very busy as normal, hence a delayed response Billyblue. Friday 3rd August. Bluebird K7 is scheduled to be on the 17.45 departure so as to arrive on the Isle of Bute at 18.20, where she will be piped ashore.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

I hope the Journey will be suitably recorded in film and photo not only for posterity, but as stock for the "Bluebird on Bute" DVD we all know will be in the works...

In all seriousness though, have a safe, uneventful, journey and I hope K7 behaves for you.
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I hope K7 behaves for you.
She finally behaved on Saturday with a series of clean lights and good temp's. Only glitch was a blown gasket at the top of the water brake. We managed to squeak an o-ring on the bottom face but due to a machining error when it was made we can't do likewise at the top so tomorrow it gets a copper gasket and some anaerobic flange sealant. If it leaks after that it can stay leaking - we have a spill kit!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

most of us will arrive ahead of the boat and Bill.... we will need to get our heads together to meet the boat and Bill at the dockside.

hopefully we can get near :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Are there any plans for Gina or other members of the family to attend?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Might be an idea to wear your pit passes and we can tell the Cal Mac crew that you're friend not foe...

Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Way to far for me to be there in person but definitely there in spirit .
Hope both K7 and the Loch/weather cooperates with everyone and the learning goes well . Good luck everyone . :D
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Are there any plans for Gina or other members of the family to attend?
Gina is coming up for a couple of days.