Isle of Bute

chorlton19

Re: Up on the plane already!

Post by chorlton19 »

I went on Saturday it was amazing to see the boat in the flesh it looked amazing and I just like to say how friendly everyone was and easy to talk to, hope everything goes well for the rest of the testing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yamahafzr

bluebird testing

Post by Yamahafzr »

hi ladies and gentleman
will bluebird be testing weekend the 11th of august as i'm planning on traveling up from lancashire and desperately wanting see bluebird on the water
thanks for your time
Canopener Al

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by Canopener Al »

Steveshq wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:06 pm Hiya Al, my first post here ... You said "My attention continues with my beast on Tuesday with 1000 litres of fuel" daft question, bit is there a schedule of duties and tasks published at all so I know what day they hope to do what? As an avid contributer to the BBP, it's hard seeing what's happening each day? Are daily updates being g posted here?

Sorry about the silly questions, thanks in anticipation 😀
I am just an avid watcher of the BBP. My project is a SEPECAT Jagaur rebuild from a hulk. Not quite in the same league as the BBP, but 5 years solid of my life to sort. Heard the Girl rose fully tonight, well done all. Hope the canopy issue is not a show stopper.
Kevin burns

Loch fad

Post by Kevin burns »

Hi folks, what days will bluebird be in the water this coming weekend (11th /12th) I see you may be taking the Saturday off for the Highland games, will she be in the water on the Sunday? Thanks :)
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

The boat is not on the water on 11th or 12th - both days are for static displays.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Deep

Post by Deep »

This looks awesome.

Can anyone help? I need to send a private message to a senior member of the Team.

If you can PM me with details of a contactable member, I would be most appreciative.

Best
Deep
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

In addition to the incredible job that Bill and team have done in restoring/rebuilding Bluebird K7 I commend the way in which the whole team has conducted itself in terms of professionalism and planning in terms of how K7 has performed!

In terms of record breaking things seldom go right "on the first attempt", its either the machine or the weather or the weather of machine. But to have had a 50 year old jet powered hydroplane running so well on literally the second day up there is amazing. Other would be world record challengers...take note!

Really appreciate the twitter updates and the pics and video are incredible!
Mick Collier

Post by Mick Collier »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:11 am The boat is not on the water on 11th or 12th - both days are for static displays.
I take it she'll be back in the water Monday a.m. 13th?
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Has the canopy been recovered or is it lost?
Davidss

Post by Davidss »

Black Knight wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:59 pm Has the canopy been recovered or is it lost?
The Twitter feed says (I'm assuming you don't have access to this during your hours of employment)
"The vents we routed to prevent the intakes from imploding as per 1966 worked against us by pressurising the cockpit when Ted came off the throttle and the canopy blew to pieces."
The associated image is:

There is nothing to say if that is the only part recovered, or merely the largest part.

Regards.