Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

JfromJAGs

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by JfromJAGs »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5HAEzEk8QM

I used to work for company which build painting robots and painting stations for cars. We were working at Volvo in Gothenburg, a mixed crew. The robot programmer was from Norway, the PLC guy from Sweden, me (user interface and process visualization) and the application guy from Germany. Every evening, when it was time to plan for the beer, the application engineer played this very, and I mean VERY loud from his PC. He had brought huge speakers to the plant. Very funny and a good time.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Here's one for you, Joerg. If you can make sense of this we'll make you an honorary Brit because it's been beyond us for generations... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tzUFw_onY
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jett

Post by Jett »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:09 pm No issues raised by our museum partner so that's good.
Partners in what sense? Do they describe themselves as such? I, and the many that have now seen it, think that they simply own K7, both pre and post conservation, as per the terms of the Deed of Gift that you signed off on. If they demand its return that is entirely within the terms of the Deed of Gift. 18 years and counting....
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Jett wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 pm
Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:09 pm No issues raised by our museum partner so that's good.
Partners in what sense? Do they describe themselves as such? I, and the many that have now seen it, think that they simply own K7, both pre and post conservation, as per the terms of the Deed of Gift that you signed off on. If they demand its return that is entirely within the terms of the Deed of Gift. 18 years and counting....
There seam to be more people on here who speak Unwinese. I can't understand it. Here goes my honorary Brit.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Keep smiling Joerg :) keep smiling
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

For Joerg; heard in the K7 workshop 'hoy a hamma owa here hinny'
One of the team ringing home. 'dee us some scran hinny I'm clamming'
After a hard days work on K7 ' howay man, marras lets gan down the pub for some beltas scran.

with suitable apologies to the non Geordies. BTW I am a 'makem' by birth, an honorary Geordie, an honorary Cumbrian and now a resident 'smoggie' :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just an attempt to keep the discussion away from the core issue while sensitive negoiations/meetings are going on.
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 am Here's one for you, Joerg. If you can make sense of this we'll make you an honorary Brit because it's been beyond us for generations... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tzUFw_onY
Ok, I listend to it several times now and all I can say is, no wonder you guys got the steering wheel on the wrong side... :D
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Ernie Lazenby wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 am 'hoy a hamma owa here hinny'
We had that Geordie accent before and I came across a youtube video explaing it - which let me fall in love with a lovely girl from Newcastle :D ;)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2zJG2QCnEw
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Ok, I listend to it several times now and all I can say is, no wonder you guys got the steering wheel on the wrong side... :D
We so need to have another drunken night in the back bar of the Black Bull in Rothesay. One of the funniest and most memorable nights I can remember.

The tea tent is kaput! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Although ‘Operation Tetley Strike’ was a success for our German friends we soon were up and running again after the remains of the tea tent were jury rigged from the ruins of their direct hit. Bill, may I suggest something more substantial for our next outing? Something made from reinforced concrete or Krupp armour perhaps?
:D
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!