Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Filtertron

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:50 am
Seems like a well thought out plan to me. Unfortunately, impatience beats practicality (again...). If you can convince them that it was their idea though...
The problem is that the committee mentality was designed to fill a vacuum where no useful leadership existed so that everyone feels important while it cripples forwards such that no one has to actually take the bull by the tail and face the situation when it all goes wrong because they can all run away as equals if it does.

Does this chime with current events, by any chance?
Bugger. I see your point, and it certainly seems that way. I still like your idea though, Bill.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We achieved sign-off from the Scottish environmental people today to run again in the land of common sense.

It was far from a formality because our new application had to be re-appraised, not only on the merits we proposed last year, but this time also judged against our performance in 2018 as well as having to consult with, and gain approval from, those who kept a beady eye on the local flora and fauna while we operated back then.

So we're well chuffed that we passed muster.

So now all we have to do is run the plan that we worked so hard to put together for our long awaited return to Coniston, just on a different waterway this time around. (no such word as 'can't'). We've formally invited our museum partners to come fully on-board for a joint venture in 2019 too and hope soon to be able to announce that we're all in business.

Watch this space...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Great news Bill and team! Common sense prevails!
twhite

Post by twhite »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 am We achieved sign-off from the Scottish environmental people today to run again in the land of common sense.

It was far from a formality because our new application had to be re-appraised, not only on the merits we proposed last year, but this time also judged against our performance in 2018 as well as having to consult with, and gain approval from, those who kept a beady eye on the local flora and fauna while we operated back then.

So we're well chuffed that we passed muster.

So now all we have to do is run the plan that we worked so hard to put together for our long awaited return to Coniston, just on a different waterway this time around. (no such word as 'can't'). We've formally invited our museum partners to come fully on-board for a joint venture in 2019 too and hope soon to be able to announce that we're all in business.

Watch this space...
Great news Bill! Well done to all involved. Already looking forward to it 😎
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Sign-off yesterday and our permit arrived today but, sad to say, only a continuing and deafening silence from out museum partners so it's time to forge ahead because so may people want to see K7 run. The now disbanded BEWG committed us to the given dates - now vacated due to 'unforeseen circumstances' - and the BBP had nothing to do with this so we're going to stick with the plan elsewhere.

For the avoidance of doubt, our museum partners are still welcome to join us at this late stage, or continue to stay silent, but Heaven help them if they attempt to frustrate our efforts now. We've demonstrated ourselves to be patient, more than fair, honest, open and willing to enter into dialogue and willing to work together but nothing whatsoever has come back so we're assuming they wish to take a back seat while the BBP continues to perfect K7 mechanically and also our ability as a team to safely operate her for the benefit and enjoyment of her global audience.

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 am So now all we have to do is run the plan that we worked so hard to put together for our long awaited return to Coniston, just on a different waterway
Renegadenemo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 am so we're going to stick with the plan elsewhere.
while the BBP continues to perfect ….. our ability as a team to safely operate her
Remember: Safety and Event Management Plans are always written for a particular location and it will not just be a case of replacing the words "Coniston Water" with another name in the document(s).
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Remember: Safety and Event Management Plans are always written for a particular location and it will not just be a case of replacing the words "Coniston Water" with another name in the document(s).
That's why we have you, Mr Head of Operations... :D

Richie

Post by Richie »

Sally and I have already been discussing what requirements are needed if Bute were the venue of choice...we have considered adaptations for other venues also.

In any event what ever the venue, most of the water safety team will be on site on days throughout the event in order to continue training and craft familiarisation etc etc.

The list is endless.

Sally has training lined up this month as it happens.

Operating the boat is a serious business which we are taking very seriously indeed 👍
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Have had brief comm's with our museum partners today and asked that if they have any serious issues they alert us to them by early next week so we can thrash them out quickly and progress. Obviously we are going to need favours from one another going forwards so we don't anticipate anything drastic. Will revert when there's more.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

No issues raised by our museum partner so that's good. So have forwarded our press release for comment and to add a quote now. Hopefully that will also go well and we can go live shortly.