Where can Bluebird be seen

Renegadenemo

Re: Where can Bluebird be seen

Post by Renegadenemo »

Not Pier Cottage then?
Not a chance! It's a poky little privately owned caravan site that would be totally overrun and you'd never get a close up look. We want to tell you to stow your caps and coffee cups ahead of a static engine run so you don't FOD the engine - just as we did on Bute. That's how close we want you to the action.

It's a bit like all this Coniston - 'spiritual home' nonsense. What? The place where it all went horribly wrong and she was left to rot for three and a half decades? I think if she has a spiritual home it's most definitely North Shields these days where she's had more love, care and attention than at any other time in her life.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

However as it’s recognised that the boat took four world records at Coniston we can see why people would refer to it as her spiritual home.

8-)

Not enough room at Pier cottage IMHO. Plus the slip has to be kept clear or something, so I believe ?

The area infront of the bluebird Cafe would be good, depending on the state of the shore line etc etc
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
midlife

Post by midlife »

Thanks for the insight chaps, I thought it all happened a bit quickly...
Like I said Bill, I think you’ll probably need to define at least a grade 4..
Cheers
Wayne

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If the Type lV exists it will be truly terrifying. Seen some worrying signs around the Murley Moss burrow but no confirmed diagnoses as yet...

Richie

Post by Richie »

I have contacted the parks authority today at 1540 hours (from my home number) to seek clarification on their stance for July’s running at Coniston, I have left a message requesting re contact. Standby to standby
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jett

Post by Jett »

Since Bill Smith is now claiming North Shields as Bluebird's spiritual home, maybe he should also offer to move DMC's grave from Coniston to the back yard of his workshop.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Since Bill Smith is now claiming North Shields as Bluebird's spiritual home, maybe he should also offer to move DMC's grave from Coniston to the back yard of his workshop.
Heaven forbid! Imagine how many committee meetings THAT would take! :o

ThornyBush

Post by ThornyBush »

"Turned Out Nice Again!"
""There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one."
Motorbikes, Big Blue "Boats", 1/2 Scale Wooden Silver Boats.... and Craft Ales (but not all at the same time)...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Had an interesting day trip yesterday. It began as the remnants of what was supposed to be a proper meeting. The Hooray Hoopla Coming Home Committee assured me via telephone that the bureaucracy was all dealt with and all we had to do was pitch up and run at an event they could put together in time but we soon discovered this was not the case at all and said don't bother dragging us over there until you have this sorted.
But... part of the plan had been to take a look at the beach and the slipway to see what launching would be like while Rich and Sal wanted to go diving so we decided to do that part and have a snack in the BB Cafe for a bit of a jolly.
Next thing, while the divers were splashing about, I got nattering with a couple of the boat centre guys and learned a little more. Seems the bureaucracy is just as it always was so, over lunch, (Thanks to Judith at the cafe for looking after us) we hatched a plot to whizz over to Murley Moss and request an audience and that is exactly what we did.
It was everything I could do not to laugh at the startled guy on reception when a mob of slightly damp but branded-up Bluebirders marched into reception and our John, who'd taken the day off to tag along, requested an audience with Uncle Bulgaria himself especially as by now Novie and Sally had rocked up so we were fairly-mob-handed. Presently, and after some slightly hurried and hushed machinations, we were granted just such an audience. Full credit, thanks and respect for being allowed that, especially as we were described as 'hunting in packs' before extra chairs were dragged into a small meeting room and discussions began.
Long story short - there is just as much bureaucracy as ever there was, it's a huge job involving multiple documents and vast tracts of planning and organisation and to make matters worse, every shred of it except our safety plan for the course itself, which doesn't include the rest of the lake or shoreline, could have been done to death years ago; and even if they went for it in a big and spectacular way nothing would be ready to even be looked at until January, which would then have to go to consultation and then to a committee meeting, etc etc so the very earliest a decision might be reached would be March and you just know that is going to slip and slip and slip.
None of it is done so far as we can ascertain! Even if it had been started in August when we were demonstrating on Bute that we were good for our side of the deal there'd be another two months in the bag but yet again - nothing, it would appear.
We're going to do the small part we need to do in setting out how we secure and make safe our course and throw that into the hat then most likely plan somewhere so you can all come see us run next summer.

Richie

Post by Richie »

I fear unless the Coniston homecoming team can submit their safety and event planning document to the LDNPA before the beginning of December, the gig wont happen, given that the consultation period quoted yesterday was around four months.

In the interim I envisage we will have our deployment model and safety document sorted toot sweet.

The monthly meeting for the Coniston side of things should probably be taking place weekly in my humble opinion, with a bi weekly update to us so we know what's what etc If they are to even remotely give themselves a chance at succeeding in the venture. Nothing that was said last night by Mr Tatlock in my opinion was unreasonable, The LDNPA made it clear of what the governing body responsible for the area would require (granted yes its a long long list) but I can sympathise with their position after it was explained why it was the way it was.

What was clear from the get go, from the LDNPA, is that the bulk of the running model for any such event could have been done a long time ago. Its frustrating as I personally want the event to go ahead next year so we can close the circle before we look at the future running life and venue's of the boat as per Gina's wishes.

So on that note readers, if you also want to see this happen, you could perhaps offer your services (what ever they are) to the CPC and the homecoming team...... there is a massive list to satisfy and it needs to be satisfied very quickly indeed if this is to work.

"Your Coniston Needs You"

keep calm and get it done !

Cheers

Richie