Where can Bluebird be seen

dt7blue

Where can Bluebird be seen

Post by dt7blue »

Hi there

I live in the Lakes and have friends visiting. Is it possible to view the restored Bluebird and if so where and when is the best place?
Thank you
Renegadenemo

Re: Where can Bluebird be seen

Post by Renegadenemo »

Best place is currently on Twitter. She's back in her North Shields workshop undergoing heavy maintenance before another build ahead of her next outing on water.

@BluebirdK7
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Psvee32

Post by Psvee32 »

Hi all,

I just wanted to give you a heads - up on an augmented Reality app I'm working on that'll allow you to see a 'virtual' K7 exhibit anywhere you like!
At some point you'll also be able to stand lakeside at Coniston and watch her blast past at full speed (although I'm still refining this part).

If you fancy having a quick look at what I've got so far, I've uploaded a short video to Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv2vt19flfcn0 ... w.mp4?dl=0

I plan to release the app for free. Hope you don't mind me posting here but I wanted some feedback on whether this is likely to be of interest?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dt7blue

Post by dt7blue »

Thanks Renegadenemo, do you ever have visitors to the North Shields workshop?
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Psvee32 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:19 am you'll also be able to stand lakeside at Coniston and watch her blast past at full speed (although I'm still refining this part).
feedback on whether this is likely to be of interest?
Why not tell the LDNPA, so they can decline the Proving Trial because there is a modern way of doing the runs.

Question - what will your "full speed" be?
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Thanks Renegadenemo, do you ever have visitors to the North Shields workshop?
Sadly, no. Only exceptions are sponsors and generous donors. We struggle for space, time and the place is a death trap for the unwary.
We'll get her out again next year for some more running, probably back in Scotland and, you never know, if the right deal is struck she might even spend a while being displayed in the museum when not being made accessible to a wider audience.

Psvee32

Post by Psvee32 »

Malcolm Ops wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm
Psvee32 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:19 am you'll also be able to stand lakeside at Coniston and watch her blast past at full speed (although I'm still refining this part).
feedback on whether this is likely to be of interest?
Why not tell the LDNPA, so they can decline the Proving Trial because there is a modern way of doing the runs.

Question - what will your "full speed" be?
Well, the app isn't intended to become a modern substitute for the real thing (of course it never could be) - It's just to allow people who wouldn't otherwise get the chance to get as close to as possible to revisiting the glory days through their smartphone. The top speed of our 'virtual' K7 will be around 260 mph by the way ;)
Eldritch

Post by Eldritch »

Gents,

K7 in 1960 was on display at Goodwood, is there any plans to revisit during one of its festivals?

Regards Andy
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

K7 in 1960 was on display at Goodwood, is there any plans to revisit during one of its festivals?
Not at present though don't rule it out. If Gina wants to do it we'll get the boat there.

Channing

Post by Channing »

where is the bluebird and in which country i can see it