Bluebird Runs 2019

rich1608

Re: Bluebird Runs 2019

Post by rich1608 »

Scots Pine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am ...but having the clout to stop Bluebird running anywhere? That sounds like a fairly major power shift...
I hope you're wrong but if this is what's happened then it will probably be war with the Ruskin in court. Bill can you clarify anything at this stage?
Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

rich1608 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:06 pm
Scots Pine wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am ...but having the clout to stop Bluebird running anywhere? That sounds like a fairly major power shift...
I hope you're wrong but if this is what's happened then it will probably be war with the Ruskin in court. Bill can you clarify anything at this stage?
Yep. Easy to misinterpret one liners and go down the 'glass half empty' route. Guess we have to wait for the fully story to come out.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Well some of the water safety team headed up north into the snow this morning to hone our skills regarding casualty recovery drills, learning from the very best at St Abbs lifeboat :)

Was cold but well worth it !

#trainingwontstop.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I can see the Ruskin not wanting to be part of a joint venture & against K7 running any where other than once down Coniston - that is their default position after all...but having the clout to stop Bluebird running anywhere? That sounds like a fairly major power shift...
Nothing has changed, especially. There's nothing stopping us from continuing with our plans for the moment but we are, as ever, trying to work with rather than against our museum partners. Trouble is, it's taking time we don't have if we're to get out this year. Bluebird is still in a million bits, half painted and and spread all over the workshop since last Sept, it's a shame she's gathering dust when we could be doing things.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

I had a feeling this wasnt going to end well .
All that chat about who owns which bits etc etc .
I fear this is headed only one way and thats right to some courtroom and the only people who will be happy are the lawyers making the money .
If K7 was going to run in 2019 it would have been announced and sorted by now if all parties were happy .
Clearly theres a major issue and just like the nine month three month deal it looks like its never going to come to fruition.
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If K7 was going to run in 2019 it would have been announced and sorted by now if all parties were happy .
Clearly theres a major issue and just like the nine month three month deal it looks like its never going to come to fruition.
Bloody glad you're not my oncologist!

We've weathered far worse storms than this. Tis but a blip on the screen. It's just the time it's wasting that's frustrating. How many old folks would still be fit enough to make it this year but not so next? We'll never know. We so wanted Ken and Lew Norris involved in the rebuild but the bureaucrats and Hapless Lottery Failure uselessly squandered so much time that the Norris Bro's never even got to see the job kicked off. This latest glitch will soon be tomorrow's chip wrappers but at what cost? A whole year wasted when, after so much effort, we could all be doing amazing things? It's pathetic.

Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

Richie wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:29 pm Well some of the water safety team headed up north into the snow this morning to hone our skills regarding casualty recovery drills, learning from the very best at St Abbs lifeboat :)

Was cold but well worth it !

#trainingwontstop.
Not wanting to hijack the subject, but freshwater v seawater...inland waterway v open sea. Must be a big big difference. I remember Fish doing some diving off St Abbs many years ago & commentating how exhausting & disorientating it was.
Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 am

Bloody glad you're not my oncologist!

We've weathered far worse storms than this. Tis but a blip on the screen. It's just the time it's wasting that's frustrating. How many old folks would still be fit enough to make it this year but not so next? We'll never know. We so wanted Ken and Lew Norris involved in the rebuild but the bureaucrats and Hapless Lottery Failure uselessly squandered so much time that the Norris Bro's never even got to see the job kicked off. This latest glitch will soon be tomorrow's chip wrappers but at what cost? A whole year wasted when, after so much effort, we could all be doing amazing things? It's pathetic.
:D re oncologist!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Seriously, the project is 23 years old this year and in that time we've been accused of being BBC hired grave robbers, of posessing lesser intelligence than the HLF and the museum community in general and all manner of other nonsense but we've weathered every storm and come out on top. We know exactly where we stand and if necessary we'll dig in for yet another spell of trench warfare but everyone involved knows how it ends so why not just cut the crap and let's get on with showing off the boat and celebrating an amazing achievement. That way everyone wins rather than everyone losing.

Richie

Post by Richie »

Not wanting to hijack the subject, but freshwater v seawater...inland waterway v open sea. Must be a big big difference. I remember Fish doing some diving off St Abbs many years ago & commentating how exhausting & disorientating it was.

Techniques used are exactly the same no matter where you are, and if you can do it in a sea that is boiling up around you, you can do it in the flat calm inland waters... we considered knocking on Fish as I am told he doesn’t live to far away from St Abbs.

But I doubt he would appreciate the intrusion from a group of unknowns :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."