The Fred Thread

Renegadenemo

Re: The Fred Thread

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 am

Can't remember what happened to the original, it belonged to Paul Evans but his son, Mark, made 1st generation copies for several of us some years ago so some excellent copies are out there. I'd have to dig a bit to find mine.

Novie, do you have a good copy? We ought to make it available on the website for anyone to listen.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Richie

Post by Richie » Fri May 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Great suggestion !
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:06 am

That would be a great idea! I've heard a digitally filtered recording and I have always maintained it's, "I've gone". I feel that when Donald says those words he no longer "going", but has infact "gone". everybody hears things differently I suppose. :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Sun May 08, 2016 8:16 am

But of course I have a copy Mr. Smith as you know my long time friend the Corporal gave me a copy many years ago. Which was played if you recall to you and the dive team at Capt Connachers humble abode in Glenridding early one morning way back inn 2001. Paul (Corporal ) Evans always maintained that Donald said "I've gone" and thats always been good enough for me. In the early days I listened to the tape many times (but not recently) and I always hear "I''ve Gone". I think what we have hear is to many people listening to the sound track of "Across The Lake" and once it is in your head it sticks but the same could be said for "I've Gone" I suppose?

Anyway I would have to seek permission from Dot his widow or Mark as they will hold the original reel to reel tape. But to be honest I doubt the old school would all end up having to agree to disagree with the newbies on this matter. So whatever you think Donald's final words are it doesn't really matter or detract or add to the final outcome of what tragically happened, so go with what you hear and thats fine.

Of course I don't mind knowing what the correct version is :)
Novie
Quickly puts on coat end exits the building.Incoming !!!!!!!!!!
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"