Active support at Coniston

malcolm uk

Re: Active support at Coniston 2010

Post by malcolm uk »

Before getting carried away with power on water, please remember that the bye law change only applies to Donald Campbells Bluebird K7. So ten mph it will be ......

Support craft will be needed, but for pilot safety we may have to go Osprey Rescue 'drop front', as they do at Records week. All offers are noted and the operations team will be in contact as we roll out our full plans to the LDNPA and the other interested parties. As always we will select the best pieces of equipment to do a particular job. I will defer to Bill on divers.

Whatever we have available it is to be hoped that it will be unused up to the time when Bluebird is returned to the Ruskin extension after a leathering down and draining of fluids.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

I'm sure after it's all over and done and everyone is 'happy' there will be even more draining of fluids :lol:
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

yes! best give the black bull some notice so they can get a big brew of "bluebird" on the old girls return to the lake :D :D :D :D :D :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
klingon

Post by klingon »

jonwrightk7 wrote:yes! best give the black bull some notice so they can get a big brew of "bluebird" on the old girls return to the lake :D :D :D :D :D :D
And a Lemonade for Bill :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
billcowan

Post by billcowan »

Hi Malcolm,
Add my name to the growing list of volunteers that are prepared to help out. I am simply an enthusiast, but am an enthusiastic enthusiast! Anything that needs doing I will be prepared to do.

regards, Bill.
proteus

Post by proteus »

I would like to put myself forward as a volunteer and am able to turn my hand to most things.

Tea, coffee, breadmaking...

Computers are my profession. Can almost certainly get hold of hardware and infrastructure bits if required. Happy to marshall, sweep, mop, erect tents. Well anything you like really. Fair amount of outdoor experience (camping etc).

I have been up and down to Windemere lately as my son works at Lakeside YMCA outdoor centre, so I know the way as I pop along to Coniston every time I come up.

Cheers,

Simon Darby
Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco »

Been lurking, peeking and generally loitering around the Bluebird project for many's a year - and whilst I cannot pretend that I could differentiate between an Orpheus and an Orofice, I would like to offer my services as er...well anything really. My brew-making, brushwork and 'standing-around-looking-all-official' -ability qualifications are second to none. Seriously, would love to help in any way I can with this wonderful project.

Mick
sal the diver

Post by sal the diver »

hi malcom, bill

as always if you need standby divers etc let me know.

hope your all well and hope to get up soon when i stop getting snowed in!

sal
who me???
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Good to hear from you Sally :) Hopefully we made need your diving services before then? Anyway plenty of work still to be done on the old Girl K7 that is up North :D However in the meantime don't go doing anything silly girl and take care of yourself. Ain't seen you in Coniston for a while com e to think of it !Then again the snow has probably made an impact on your business. Anyway hope to see you soon and hoping all is well with you and yours apart from this dam snow which we have yet again in Coniston this am :roll:

Regards

Novie
"I've Gone "
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
klingon

Post by klingon »

Don't want to get picky but should the title not be 2011? :)
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"