BBP Diary

Terminator

Re: BBP Diary

Post by Terminator »

Hi Mike
I would tend to agree with Dominic on this one Mike re perspex looks very nice indeed in that that shot of SSC. Is it practical for K7 can't see why not and worth considering. However are the engines not removed from Thrust SSC as I heard they had been and I cannot quite see in the shot provided here? It certainly would be inspirational to look at the Orpheus engine in Bluebird K7 all lit up like that shot of Thrust SSC. However Mike has spent a lot of time on every detail of those intakes as it is his baby and his alone as he so often reminds everybody who goes anywhere near then :) The down side being is we know who to blame if anything should go wrong at the lake side Sploosh!! :lol:
Food for thought at least Dominic?
Novie
"I've gone "
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Terminator wrote: It certainly would be inspirational to look at the Orpheus engine in Bluebird K7 all lit up like that shot of Thrust SSC. However Mike has spent a lot of time on every detail of those intakes as it is his baby and his alone as he so often reminds everybody who goes anywhere near then :)
I'm sure I have seen a photo somewhere of K7 with a tarpaulin over it. I reckon that if Mike insists that the boat should go on display with the Orph' hidden from view with a pair of yellow bungs, then in the interests of consistency there should also be a tarp concealing his cockpit... :twisted:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Stuart Baker

Post by Stuart Baker »

Great progress chaps (and chapesses). Let's not worry about how the intakes are protected when bluebird is tucked up asleep; far more important is to know when we will see an Orph running on a test bed to prove that her heart will beat again. Really, really looking forward to that day!

The watchful eye of the aerospace community.
DamienB

Post by DamienB »

That'll be light in the opposite direction to what I was thinking of - say some LEDs around the edge of clear intake blanks so that they are hidden by the rubber (or whatever) edging and throw light back down towards the engine. Anyway, just a thought...
Jordangbr

BBP Diary

Post by Jordangbr »

The original engine will be sat alongside in its clear Perspex casing at the Ruskin so you will get to see the whole of the original Orpheus not just the front.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Mike Bull wrote:Ignoring the sillier comments...
Quite right. I wouldn't have posted certain comments if I'd thought that you would take them seriously! ;)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Another fine bit of reading (I might even say it was 'rivetting' :roll: ) and another that made me late for something I was supposed to be doing, although this time it was only a matter of having 25 minutes to go shopping before the supermarket closed. I can't deny that I was secretly hoping for a sneaky peak of the sponsons though.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I can't deny that I was secretly hoping for a sneaky peak of the sponsons though.
Not a chance - we'll not be showing them off until they get their clothes on. Both are built though...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Justin

Post by Justin »

Got the notification of the diary update, so was looking forward to reading about what you have all been up to in detail on Bluebird. Only problem is when I logged in I can only see the diary entry from March. What am I doing wrong? :cry:
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Renegadenemo wrote:
I can't deny that I was secretly hoping for a sneaky peak of the sponsons though.
Not a chance - we'll not be showing them off until they get their clothes on. Both are built though...
Teasing like that really doesn't help mate! Oh well, it was worth a try... :lol:
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...