BBP Diary

Terminator

Re: BBP Diary

Post by Terminator »

malcolm uk wrote:
Renegadenemo wrote:Just like buses - you wait ages then two arrive at the same time.
The Operations team of Paul & Malcolm descended on the workshop last Saturday to drink tea, eat cake, chat about the Proving Trial and generally work at a slow pace, under instruction, using the big rivet gun and then seeing choccie sauce ooze out of the lefty sponson lid and onto skin and clothing. [Novie is ofcourse a regular, but he arrived at the same time too!]

Will we get to press the air start button next time Bill?
Am I to take it I have been stood down from the Ops Team then and you will not be requiring the baseball bat or high powered rifle :D
Don't worry Malcolm/Paul I made up time down the left hand side of lefty sponson wielding the Avdel gun in one hand :D As long as the job is done right speed on this occasion is not compulsory. Gillian is a real asset to the Bluebird side of things now and nothing whatsoever to do with her great cakes she brings in :D

When you have filled the bottles manually 'Grass Hopper ' you may then press the button :lol: :lol: :lol:
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Lloydy

Dear Diary ...

Post by Lloydy »

... Well, I'm not really one for forums and the thing which hooked me about the Bluebird Project was the diary. You see I'm an old git.

Yes, I can search the forums and glean all kinds of related/non-related tit-bits but please, oh please, keep the diary updated.

I dare to venture that there are others lurking in the mists who share my POV.

Cheers, Dave
Renegadenemo

Re: Dear Diary ...

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Dave,

Firstly, welcome to the forum and, secondly, please accept my apologies for the lack of a diary - no one else to blame! The team have been nagging me also so it's about time I got my finger out. I'm on it.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Daz27

Re: Dear Diary ...

Post by Daz27 »

Lloydy wrote:... Well, I'm not really one for forums and the thing which hooked me about the Bluebird Project was the diary. You see I'm an old git.

Yes, I can search the forums and glean all kinds of related/non-related tit-bits but please, oh please, keep the diary updated.

I dare to venture that there are others lurking in the mists who share my POV.

Cheers, Dave
Besides the excellent photos each day and seeing how well the old girl is coming back to life, the diary is far and away the very best bit of this site. So much so that I'd actually encourage you guys and girls to take your time getting K7 finished if it means more diary posts... Love every one of them.

K R, D K.
Lloydy

Post by Lloydy »

Many thanks and I look forward to the diary update. Always puts a smile on my face.

Cheers, Dave
Speedfab

Post by Speedfab »

Hello Bill. Dave did a pretty fair job of summing up my sentiments as well. I have kept an eye on this website since you put it online in addition to silently reading this forum for the last 6 years. I have long been fascinated by speed record attempts, and having a boat racer for a father, the water records were always of particular interest. Men the likes of Donald Campbell. Ken Warby, Lee Taylor et al have always had my admiration, if for no other reason than the huge stones required to strap yourself into a waterbound missile and hope for the best. I was even at Lake Jackson the day Craig Arfons' boat disintegrated. :(

Being an engineer myself as well as a welder and machinist, and having built race cars of all types for the last 30 odd years for a living, I find the construction details particularly fascinating. For you and your crew to have accomplished what you have over the last decade just amazes me. I know all too well what these type of jobs take, especially patch and restore as opposed to fabricating anew. The work you all have done and your resourcefulness in doing so is simply phenomenal. I love reading the diary and check at least weekly to see if there are any new entries. It is far and away my favorite part of the site. I especially enjoy the humor and your anecdotes that begin the entries... I think our stupidity tolerance quotient is quite similar.

At any rate, I don't want to get overly verbose here,,, That''s your job. :D Please grab a couple pints and a keyboard at your earliest convenience. Sufficient motivation?

Warmest regards to the whole crew,

Tracy
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

At any rate, I don't want to get overly verbose here,,, That''s your job. :D Please grab a couple pints and a keyboard at your earliest convenience. Sufficient motivation?
Good news is that I did just that tonight. I've had a bit of writer's block or laziness or something but I'm very flattered that the lack of a diary has caused some of our lurkers to break cover and post in protest so how can I refuse? Besides, I've fallen out with another load of vets. They couldn't even kill my dog without attempting to turn it into a commercial opportunity! Stand by...

Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

Any chance of that update for all us sitting with baited breath?

November was the last one and we can see from the pictures that there has been a lot happening with Bluebird and the team.

Not meant as a criticism, just really enjoy the honesty and writing, know you probably have better things to do with tin bashing etc

thanks
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The new diary is up. Sorry for the wait but l'm sure it's worth it.

CHWk7

Post by CHWk7 »

Bill, excellent and a cracking read as always! You give me hope with my own restoration project & then some!