10th Anniversary

Renegadenemo

Re: 10th Anniversary

Post by Renegadenemo »

funniest memory is bill wincing like a girl when he cracked his head open on preditor's wheelhouse!
Flippin' hurt that did! I knocked myself senseless and never recovered...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

You wouldn't have it at the time old boy but I told you not to put a GREEN Tarpaulin over Bluebird and look what happened shortly after :mrgreen:
Great times and proud to have been a part of all that happened ten yrs ago till the present day. Called in the other day and had a quick cuppa with Captain Connacher, he ain't changed one bit and he has nearly finished the said garage fully equiped with home made electric doors :)

Novie
"I've gone"
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Excelsior2007

Post by Excelsior2007 »

Gosh, has it really been 10 years since Bluebird K7 broke surface for the first time since 1967? Seems almost a lifetime ago now. I remember watching the BBC documentary on the project at the time. I believe that's when my interest in Bluebird and Donald Campbell began.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Just a heads up chaps to remind one and all that today market the 10th Anniversary of The Donald being laid to rest. What a day that was with the rain pouring down.On memory just came to me, I was actually asked in the church by a local person who shall remain nameless if I had any towels to dry the pallbearers off with :shock: However the news had been completely taken over by the happenings of 9/11 which is understandable. Rest in Peace Donald in the knowledge that your craft is in safe hands and nearing her destiny.
Novie
With respect
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Infact I'm off to have a pint of Bluebird and raise a Glass to the Donald. Anybody else up for a pint?
Novie
Graham Milne

Post by Graham Milne »

Novie I would have gladly joined you for a pint of Bluebird, but it's a bit far for me to travel for a beer (25 miles north of Aberdeen).

However I will be down for Jan 4th this year, so perhaps you will be available for a beverage around that date.

Last time I was down (June this year) Harrys bar was closed. Is it open again yet or is it closed permanently?
Looks like one of those new 'Japanese' sportscars..............
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I would have gladly joined you for a pint of Bluebird, but it's a bit far for me to travel for a beer (25 miles north of Aberdeen).
I'm due up that way soon to do a presentation at a transport museum... Might see you there.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Yes indeed Harry's is still open however I think you will have to pick your time carefully as he shuts some days of the week especially in winter. You are most welcome in January as the Speed Record Club will be paying its usual tribute to the Donald over the course of the weekend. Not sure of the dates at this time will have to check. And we will be getting up to our usual activities which for some you have to be a member or pay a nominal fee to gain entry too. Once again hard to believe ten years has already passed by :o
Novie
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

11yrs came and went the other day since we raised the old girl from the lake.( No not you Sally :D) It had been suggested the other day to me that work had all but come to a stand still on the old girl. Nothing seems to be progressing was suggested! What Utter Bo--ocks I replied I think the pic of the day put up today clearly shows the progress that is being made by the team. Looking rather stunning and splendid in that shot I might add. The funny thing on looking back in this thread I called in on Captain Connacher as it happened the other day on my way back from Penrith, a funny coincidence or what! Must be the time of year. He's still the same and his garage is fitted out like the Star Ship Enterprise! Electrical stuff wall to wall as I was quicly halted at the door Stop! Stay were you are and take a seat"! Floor was covered in all sorts of satellite stuff!! Had a very nice chat and put the world to rights well he did anyway :) You got to love him though what a character.
"Beam me up Scottie"

Novie

"Its life Jim but not as we know it" :)
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Mike Bull wrote:And just what manner of eejit came out with that then?!
Sounds more to me like the work of a Type II Wazzock
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...