New Members

Wallis

Re: New Members

Post by Wallis »

Was this episode shot in the 007 stage?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Lots of 007 stuff was shot in the underwater stage but the 007 stage was in a different part of the studio. Had a peep through the door though. Fascinating place.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Wallis

Post by Wallis »

I worked for a company that supplied pumps to Pinewood and managed to really drag out a couple of visits for one of the Tomb Raider films and Die Another Day. The sets were just mind blowing and some of the stuff laying about the place was cool, I spent quite a while looking at the Jaguar with the spiked tyres and all the missiles on show. 8-)
STEEVB

Post by STEEVB »

Hello all, my name's Steve
- been a long time fan of Donald Campbell and Bluebird, and it's a pleasure to join your excellent forum!
STEEVB

Post by STEEVB »

Thanks Mike - your right, it is about time I posted.

Have you used all me screws up yet? :D

I'll try n get the others sorted too
STEEVB

Post by STEEVB »

HA! - Indeed I do!!! - let me know if you run out
Haley.x

Post by Haley.x »

Hi,

I initially found this site as I was looking for a specific Bluebird print and ended up getting sidetracked by the build diary... great read!

Was also wondering if anyone can help... My Dad has been talking about an image of the Bluebird on Lake Garda for a while now and I wanted to get it for his 50th birthday. I've done a bit of research and I believe it would be the Bluebird K4 model participating in the 1951 Oltranza Cup. I can't find any images online though and have no idea how to go about tracking the it down. I don't even know if it's a photograph or painting so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Haley
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Haley and welcome. I'd have thought our historians in residence, Neil or Steve (probably Steve on this one) would be a good place to start. Guys?

Just thought... Arthur Benjamins did a nice painting of K4 but I don't think it's set at Garda. Here it is anyway.

http://www.saatchionline.com/profile/115334
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

http://www.bluebirdpublications.com/

Select water speed record, and I think it could be the third picture down?

Chris
Haley.x

Post by Haley.x »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and links... The picture on bluebird publications may well be what I am after. The big problem is that only Mum was with Dad when he seen the image he loved and she can't remember what it looks like, she must have lost interest by then!! I've also e-mailed the Lakeland Motor Museum as that was where he seen it so will see what they come back with.

Cheers