Bluebird K7, the "New" tail fin & Balance point query

f1steveuk

Re: Bluebird K7, the "New" tail fin & Balance point query

Post by f1steveuk »

I randomly clicked on a subject, an article, scrolled down and read the first line I saw

"Bluebird K3 was built around a central ali' beam" or some such, which should read " Blue Bird K3 was built around a central armature of Canadian Rock Elm and five ply wood".

Next was that Du Cane designed Bluebird K4, ( Cooper and BLUE BIRD) and that was me done!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

And therein is my entire point about research.....................................

I actually sat and read the whole lot about the vehicles, and Campbell aswell. There are a fair number of ill researched errors to say the least. Should the campbells REALLy be sanctioning the site ???????
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I think, and stress think, it was done as part of the Bluebird Supporters Club, which has Don Wales in, amongst others, but that doesn't mean to say they have read it! Two cock ups like the ones are saw are enough for me, if the basics are wrong, I don't waste my time!
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

f1steveuk wrote: if the basics are wrong, I don't waste my time!
So hows about a joint effort to write a correct series of pages in a better manner and get the stuff up on the web ?

I can handle page design if you can handle the text. or.......................................................maybe not.

Just an idea from a mind thats been awake for 40 odd hours.
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

thunderer wrote:
f1steveuk wrote: if the basics are wrong, I don't waste my time!
So hows about a joint effort to write a correct series of pages in a better manner and get the stuff up on the web ?

I can handle page design if you can handle the text. or.......................................................maybe not.

Just an idea from a mind thats been awake for 40 odd hours.
Having read, and re-read, and then read again the proofs for Leap, I think I still have word blindness when it comes to the Campbell's! I still have it all on a disc as a word doc, so I could edit it down, but I am so far into my current project I don't really have the time, honest!
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Word blindness ? theres a thing I know all about. I have written, and almost completed, a book on model locomotive weathering. Word blindness is an absolute B !!