BBP Diary

sbt

Re: BBP Diary

Post by sbt »

Renegadenemo wrote:
To paraphrase John Milton: They also serve, who only click "Donate".
Have no fear - you are not forgotten :D

All those donations are what keep us going and without them we'd be finished.
An RNLI Coxwain once said something like: 'Every Rescue begins at the collecting tin'
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Just in case anyone has missed it - the diary has been updated today.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

That's a great update and underlines the skill, dedication, massive number of hours and great patience going into the conserveering of K7. Museologists, take note!

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

Just finished reading it, great stuff, well done lads and lass's another milestone reached
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
nicorobbo

Re: Diary update?

Post by nicorobbo »

Mike Bull wrote:The diary updates have always been regularly irregular! Bear in mind that the guy that writes them is also rebuilding the boat, running the project, running a business, keeping a family life, etc etc! There'll be another one along soon. 'Picture of the day' is intended to soften the wait between updates.
The 'boat'. Tought " No One Dared Call a Boat" Out of This World lyrics.

Still, keep up the good work.

Off to Coniston in April for my annual homage to DC.

I'll donate also while I'm here.

Good Luck.

Nick.
Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

as ever, fantastic updates from the team.

Keep up the good work!
LucyCollettFan

Post by LucyCollettFan »

Agreed, really enjoy seeing the progress and love the honesty about everything, good or bad.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Great stuff.... And one of the shorter rants of Mr Smith to kick off the diary segment.... You feeling ok Bill ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Great stuff.... And one of the shorter rants of Mr Smith to kick off the diary segment.... You feeling ok Bill ?
Too chilled these days, Richie.

The HLF is but a distant memory, Podeye phones aren't made of glass anymore and the footballists are forever doomed to chase a ball in the depths of winter. The Type IIIs have moved onto other pursuits and the politics has all the energy of a party-popper these days.
K7 , on the other hand, may be only 25ft long and weigh a couple of tons but she's generated the momentum of a bulk carrier and it's rather nice standing here on the bridge watching the world go by.

:D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Mike Bull wrote:I'm surprised that no one has commented yet on Checkie's little discovery as related in his diary piece...one single item that IF it is what it seems to be, COULD be single explain-all cause of the crash..! :shock:
I suspect that this is probably because we are all letting the implication sink in, and are just a ittle bit wary of asking the obvious question: Who put that cover back on without securing the terminals? Presumably the last time that the electrical system was modified was when the extra fuel boost pump was fitted; however, before blame is laid at anybody's door, let us consider the insidious effects of fatigue and remember all the stories of the team working around the clock to get the boat ready for the record attempt....
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.