New Members

Socks

Re: New Members

Post by Socks »

Hi guys,

Been reading the Diary periodically for some time now and am always impressed by the commitment and dedication of the team. Was brought up holidaying at Coniston and have a fondness for the place and it's history. Used to stand on the water's edge imagining what 300mph would have looked like.

Thought I would join the forum!

Socks.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Socks (Wasn't that the name of Shackleton's favourite horse?) - and welcome. Always glad to hear that the diary has entertained someone :D

Come join the banter.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Wonderboot

Post by Wonderboot »

Hi all,

I've been rather more than fascinated by Donald Campbell after reading the cartoon strip "Campbell - Man of Speed" in my big brother's Joe 90 annual in the early 70's...some 40 years on, having been involved in restoration of ancient engineering from the 50's and 60's (oh all right, owning and mending about 17 BMC 1100s and other sundry rubbish from Longbridge), I'm still enthralled by the project - can't wait to see the final result and wish I had the time to help! Oh, and I like Strictly Come Dancing too...
I'm getting a lot of bloody row in here...
Tooks

Post by Tooks »

My Mother always said it was only polite to introduce yourself, so here I am!

I've been scouring the web for everything related to the Bluebird story for a while, and stumbled in here a few days ago. It's been fascinating reading the diary and the posts here in the forum, but it may take me some time yet to get fully up to date.

I'm a fairly late discoverer of the Lake District, and actually only visited Coniston for the first time last year, but it did feel soaked in the Bluebird history, and all the better for it.

I'm currently working in the helicopter industry, and have gained a lot of respect for complex machines, and those who build, repair and maintain them. I'm even more respectful of you guys who undertake such projects voluntarily and with all the passion and enthusiasm that you bring with it.

I'm amazed at what you've achieved, and will be following things closely now I know where you are.

Well done all concerned!

Tooks.
LucyCollettFan

Post by LucyCollettFan »

First posting - great work you guys, love following the diary and can't wait to see the boat back on the lake where she belongs.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Not bad... Lucy Verasamy for me, though.

Oh, and welcome...

Richie

Post by Richie »

Hi and welcome to the forums I hadn't noticed the avatar personally...
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Helloooo and welcome to the forum nice avatar indeeedy :)
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
James atb

Post by James atb »

Hi all at the Bluebird project,
I finally joined the forum after following the rebuild for some years. I'm the service engineer/ tourist from Preston that forgot the golden rule, bring buscuits!
After spending last Saturday lending a hand with you guys (this time bringing buscuits) and seeing the complexities first hand my respect for what the bluebird project team has done and is doing have massively increased.

Keep up the good work, hope to get back up soon. James
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi James,

Enjoyed working with you last Sat. When you coming back?