Coniston visit

Renegadenemo

Re: Coniston visit

Post by Renegadenemo »

Go there this time though. Took the wife and kids and did some catching up. The weather was very kind indeed and I had a look inside Pier Cottage for the first time. I also quizzed Robbie about the intake blanks but he doesn't know where they went either. best to make some new ones, methinks.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Renegadenemo wrote: The weather was very kind indeed and I had a look inside Pier Cottage for the first time.
lsrdatabase:
Got lods of athmosphere hasn't it Bill. The Wife and I spent a couple of nights there in 2004, I think it was. Great waking up and looking down the lake from our room. We were in the top room above the boathouse. Fred & Jo
DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

Renegadenemo wrote:I had a look inside Pier Cottage for the first time.
Come on you tease, and ?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Nothing much to report. The property is being lived in at the moment so it was full of dogs and kids. Quaint little building though. Perhaps, more importantly from our point of view, is that it has some potential as a base for the proving trials.

klingon

Post by klingon »

Renegadenemo wrote:Go there this time though. Took the wife and kids and did some catching up. The weather was very kind indeed and I had a look inside Pier Cottage for the first time. I also quizzed Robbie about the intake blanks but he doesn't know where they went either. best to make some new ones, methinks.
Gimme sizes Bill-I got a few sets hanging around down the hangar-mebbe save manpower! Take it you want original types and not "umbrella" style new ones-probably got summat to cover her bum as well!
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Can't really say what size we need until we build the intakes again. We got them close last time but nothing was riveted and now it's all in a million bits again.

klingon

Post by klingon »

Mike Bull wrote:I should have thought it was obvious that the intake blanks for K7 would have been bespoke items.
Or alter something near to fit?-Vorsprung durch technik as they say in North Shields! :P
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

klingon wrote:
Mike Bull wrote:I should have thought it was obvious that the intake blanks for K7 would have been bespoke items.
Or alter something near to fit?-Vorsprung durch technik as they say in North Shields! :P
Count me out of that discussion - I went all posh a few years back and now live north of where the concrete ends while Mike is settling into sunny Wallsend. But trimming in a couple of existing blanks to fit the holes would be cool. We have a blank for the other end but a pair of inlet doodahs from a Hawk or a JP might be made to fit if you have any lying about.

By the way, Andy, I tried the lemonade at the weekend. I used it to wash down a gallon of Bluebird Bitter and found I could speak fluent Klingon by the time I got back to my room.

klingon

Post by klingon »

Renegadenemo wrote:
klingon wrote:
Count me out of that discussion - I went all posh a few years back and now live north of where the concrete ends while Mike is settling into sunny Wallsend. But trimming in a couple of existing blanks to fit the holes would be cool. We have a blank for the other end but a pair of inlet doodahs from a Hawk or a JP might be made to fit if you have any lying about.

By the way, Andy, I tried the lemonade at the weekend. I used it to wash down a gallon of Bluebird Bitter and found I could speak fluent Klingon by the time I got back to my room.
Try using Stolichnaya Gold 80%-thats how I learned Klingon!-well that and being a Glasgow Scot with a short fuse and a prediliction for picking fights solo with Welsh rugby teams!-hence the bumpy head and flat nose! :twisted:
klingon

Post by klingon »

Mike Bull wrote:
...and found I could speak fluent Klingon by the time I got back to my room.
Makes a change from fluent boll...

Never mind.
Bollinger?