Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

sheppane

Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Post by sheppane »

K7 14 Dec 66 at the slipway.jpg
Many of you have seen this picture... for those that have not, enjoy... This could be the scene to look forward to in 2010.... Please support the K7 running consultation and the Bye law amendment . Picture Copyright Eddie Whitham.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
tas

Re: A Picture paints a thousand words....

Post by tas »

Nice pic
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

Very evocative photo'.

Hawkeyes may have noticed the damage to the inner rear boom on the port side. Arthur Knowles in his book alludes to a collision with a bird/debris. Leo Villa was apparently unconcerned by it as it was superficial damage to the skin rather than the core structure.
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

fantastic picture! not seen that one before.
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

4326951.jpg
DMC looking less than pleased with his lot...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Coniston 59.jpg
At pier cottage in 59 looking through the boat shed...

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The more of these fabulous pictures I see, and even I haven't seen some of them, the more outraged I become that the museum fraternity, local government and HLF tried their damnedest to have K7 left as a pile of scrap.

'Museums are for the public,' they told me in that, we know best, sort of way. 'Were it not for the public, museums couldn't exist,' they said. And they're right, in the same way that the pharmaceutical industry couldn't exist without death and disease. We, the public, are no more than a necessary evil that breathes, farts and sweats amongst their precious collections. We want to - God forbid - touch the objects with our acid-laden fingertips, switch on the lights and turn up the heating but if we didn't visit they'd all be out of a job.
Neil's pictures are precious and pretty much all that now exists of those final days in 66/67 and I thank him for sharing his unparalleled collection with us here but, if we do our job right at this end, one day anyone who wants to will be able to shoot as many pics as they like of Bluebird in full operating trim on Coniston Water.

Museums are for the public... Not a chance. they're for the personal indulgence of the curators, conservators and display designers. Or at least they used to be...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

1034531.jpg
Bill, only too happy to keep the pics coming... I will send you a PM in the AM (if you see what I mean!)

By the way, look at this picture. Speed well over 260 mph (look at the angle of the ariel), but with a perfect trim. Ever so slightly nose down - never better. K7 would have got the job done on the 4th of Jan - good and proper... no doubt about that, had impatience and fate not intervened.

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

hi sheppane, couldnt agree more, fantastic picture! what life would donald have gone on to lead if the 4th jan 1967 had gone in his favour????
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

K7 59 TAIL Sm.jpg
Another one of those artistic pics... this time from May 59. Maurie Parfitt securing K7 to the Jetty. That would be stunning in colour. Anyone got the kit for colouring B&W photo's?