BBP Diary

Renegadenemo

Re: BBP Diary

Post by Renegadenemo »

We're mercifully free of politics for the most part, mainly because we're a law unto ourselves and don't give a flying fling at a rolling pastry what people think most of the time. This only works, however, if you work your 'nads off week in, week out to justify your existence but we've lived a relatively charmed life where politics is concerned, and long may it continue.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Post by klingon »

I take it the next rant will involve parking tickets and suits who are frightened of handshakes? :twisted:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I take it the next rant will involve parking tickets and suits who are frightened of handshakes? :twisted:
Done that one already... sort of. I wrote the first half of it in September last year about the little-un's school trip that I thought was cut off by the tide so I waded out to rescue them only to find it was the wrong school trip. The part I didn't write was that when I got back to the car the traffic morons had ticketed me! Needless to say I took it all the way to a traffic penalty tribunal and won. Splendid fun.

huszarail

Post by huszarail »

I've got to agree a book that's just boat, rivets and choccy sauce would be dull. Bills diary rant says much of the attitudes and philosophy of the BBP we have come to know and love.
How about printing it in 108 weekly parts @ £4.95 each, with a little plastic part attached to the cover; culminating in a wonderfully accurate quarter scale model of the boat. Only £534.60 of your well earned, but would keep K7 well dusted for decades :D
I'm only a man from Del Monte..........
Roger Wilco

A Word about Bill's Diary...

Post by Roger Wilco »

...superb!

Whilst I Imagine Bill is not one to wallow in 'self-regarding nonsense', ii must be said his diary makes for a fantastic read. Witty, infotmative and enough technical detail to satiate the techno thirst of even the most anal of hands-on spannersmen. The entirety to date would make for a fabulous book about the project and I'm sure would sell like hot buttered crumpets in a Reykjavic nudist convention. He has the enviable knack of speaking to the reader like it was private correspondence and one feels like one is getting a private viewing of the whole project! Brilliant stuff Bill.
Speedfab

Post by Speedfab »

Thank you for taking the time to do the diary entry Bill, I greatly enjoyed it. I too think that a book would be a great idea, you should give that serious consideration... You definitely have a gift for prose. I also agree that it should be more than just a nuts and bolts account, given the interesting and often humorous trials and tribulations you have all gone through to get to this point.

I'd be right at the front of the line to buy a copy or two.

Tracy
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Thank you, folks. You are too kind. The guys and girls in the workshop don't always enjoy my ranting so much but if the small part of it that escapes brings a smile here and there then it wasn't all for nothing. And, of course, the nuts and bolts techie waffle is something I could bore a dead person with if given the chance so it's a case of how much of that can you stand?
The next diary is well on its way in the usual format - has anyone watched that rugby malarkey? All they do is fall over! - and there's hydraulics and wires to discuss too so it won't be long.
As for a book - I've been asked officially...

Daz27

Post by Daz27 »

I've been away from the computer for a few days and have only just read the replies to my suggestion of a book. I think the whole thing from searching for the boat, finding the boat, the lottery scandal, the strip down and rebuild etc (and even some of its history before its unplanned storage in the drink for 40 odd years) would be a great read especially with pictures. And the reason why I suggested it is that one day, when all of us young uns are grey and weary, by then someone will have forgotten to pay last months bill for the server usage or worse, the whole site has been consigned to the back of the interwebs where nobody goes anymore and ALL of these wonderful posts and entries will be lost forever. Books might not be what they were, but a good one is still a good one and its a permanent record of what happened and I for sure would buy it. You could almost do two, one of the story and the second specifically on how it was all rebuilt for the tech heads.
If it wasn't all a true story it'd make one hell of a movie.
Lisian_1275

Post by Lisian_1275 »

Well, as you will see I am very new to this Forum.
I have always had an interest in THE MAN and for Me 2 of his Machines BB CN7 and of course BB K7.
To have not only taken on this Mammoth Task of the Find / Raising / Restoration of her, but to have this Forum to share what is happening in the K7 World with the rest of the World, I commend You, and of course the others behind the scenes.

If only it wasn't such a long Drive ( for Me ) I would be banging on your garage door to offer any assistance I could give.

I really can't wait to see Her back on the water doing what She does Best - Breaking World Records. :D

Thanks

Ian
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

stick with it long enough and there's a bit about the boat! :lol: ;)
Cheeky - that'll be the other 9,000 words then?