rob565uk

Re: Rebuilding Bluebird Part 5 DVD/new shop

Post by rob565uk »

Sorry Mr Bull, Sir- I loved the trailer and have ordered my DVD [.]

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Mike Bull wrote:60 thread views and not one comment. Feel the enthusiasm!! :lol:
In fairness, Mike, I think everyone on here - self included - has pretty much run out of superlatives for the work being done. We accept the extraordinary now as everyday fact.

It's an easy trap to fall into - probably in part due to every step being so well documented.

Nigel
Richie

Post by Richie »

A DVD has been realeased ?!

I hope it was all tremendously nicely done
!
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

In fairness, Mike, I think everyone on here - self included - has pretty much run out of superlatives for the work being done. We accept the extraordinary now as everyday fact.
Kind of you to say so and there's a lot of truth there. I remember reading an interview with Alice Cooper in which he bemoaned that through his amazing stage theatrics he'd managed to lose the ability to surprise. And after all these years and silly antics not many people are surprised at anything I do either. It's a rarefied place to be that can so easily be misinterpreted as no one giving a crap. DVD 5 is possibly Keith's best and well worth a look and the little cert's with a fragment of blue paint are smart too. Just like all the other merchandise we offer to keep the wheels turning they'll trickle steadily out the door so we can buy jetfuel or rivets or whatever and that's all we need.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

Can you actually buy jet fuel Bill? or do you have to make it in an old tin bath out of donkeys queer things and old toads feet? ;)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

I thought that's how we made the coffee in the Workshop - or is there a second old tin bath?

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Can you actually buy jet fuel Bill? or do you have to make it in an old tin bath out of donkeys queer things and old toads feet? ;)
Without an aeroplane to put it in so HMRC can chase you for the 50% levy it's virtually impossible because if you don't cough up the onus is back on the person who sold you the fuel and they don't want that risk. There's some sort of declaration available so you can pay it up front but the paperwork for one drum of fuel it's not worth anyone's while. There's a few drums of old fuel lying about that have been slurped out of aircraft during maintenance but otherwise, not a chance.

However, it turns out that 28 sec heating kerosene is the same stuff only with dyes to prevent fuel laundering and less strict handling rules once it's left the refinery so we've used a toot of that to prime and test our LP side only to discover a pore in the LP cock, most likely due to corrosion, so that will have to be stripped, repaired then given a test with fluorescent penetrant and a black light just to be sure there's no more. Something we ought to have done in the first place!
Beyond that, I received a mail yesterday from a major fuel supplier to say they can supply us with a spare drum so we'll be onto the real stuff by the time we light the fire. Then there's the lubricity, anti fungal and fuel stabiliser additives to go in to make the fuel more compatible with our old pumps and gadgets and finally, Aeroshell Fluid #1 to inhibit it all afterwards at a tenner a litre.

And still people ask, when will it be finished? while they never offer to come and lend a hand. Please will someone come and make tea and coffee for Mike and I tomorrow so we can drain down the LP side, doubtless getting covered in kero in the process, strip out and dismantle the LP cock, scrub and de-grease the outer casting so we can subject it to a battery of tests prior to making the necessary repairs, reassembly then refilling and pressure testing? This is so we can stay on schedule - such as we are able to maintain any sort of schedule with the various forces at play, aerospace, sponsors, my knackered left hand, etc.

Our goalposts tend to move around a little but usually in a good way. For instance, we were all set to commit to our heating kerosene then we were offered support with proper jetfuel. We had plans to test our engines then we got talking to the Red Arrows about how to do it their way and in our view it's well worth the little bit of catch-up time it takes to involve all of these fantastic new resources so the 'when brigade' will have to quietly fume and learn to be patient.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi,
Fred here I want to order the new DVD but the site won't let me sign in. It will not accept my email address or password
Please advise,
Fred
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi,
Fred here I want to order the new DVD but the site won't let me sign in. It will not accept my email address or password
Please advise,
Fred
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi again,
Fred here, again. Your admin just sent me a NEW pass word to get into the shop site, The site did not accept it again! How ewlse can I but the new DVD.

Please advise.
Fred