Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Renegadenemo

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Renegadenemo »

I asked him when his boat would be finished. His reply in a rich Aussie accent...

"When it's f*****g finished!"

Can't wait 'til next time someone asks me when K7 will be done... :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

Can't wait 'til next time someone asks me when K7 will be done...
When will K7 be done?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

"When it's f*****g finished!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

Correct answer. Excellent stuff!
(thumbs-up .)
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

Quite probably Mike, it was the night before the meal at the Church House at Torver.. Ken came across as a typical Aussie, no nonsesnse, say it how it is, because thats the way it is! A real top bloke, I felt honoured to meet and chat with him.. :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Indeed it was Mike I recall the evening well having organised the evening back in 2007 with Mr. Ken Warby to raise funds for the old boat.
Mr. Smith doesn't do organisation you see which he readily admits :D As well as being late ( which is quite normal for Mr. Smith ) he rocks up with a boot full of gear for us to sell and already after a frantic day of making sure thinsg are all in place for our V.I.P Mr. Warby and his pall Badum.Then to my complete horror I arrive with Dawn at the boot of Mr Smiths car to find all the T Shirts and Polo's etc had just been thrown into the boot :shock: "There you go Novie merchandise as promised" It should have come as no suprise really but i was gobsmacked! I replied "and what are we supposed to do with this mess"?Why are they not boxed up? And in his unique style Mr.Smith replies in his usual laid back manner "the boxes would'nt fit in the boot" and calmly walks away whilst wearing that cheecky geordie grinof his! Well I was speechless! I looked at Dawn who simply smiled and replied " Not to worry Novie I'll get that lot sorted lad" and she did bless her cotton socks. Whilst i was sorting out and seeing to our guest's Dawn patiently folded every last item in order to make them presentable to sell.
However the evening was a great sucess and raised good money towards the old blue boat. Ken has given freely of his time on two occasions whilst visiting the U.K and helped us to raise over 5K towards K7's restoration. Which we are extremely greatful for,thank you very much indeed Mr. Warby and still the Fastest Man on Water to this day. ;)
Cheers
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Then to my complete horror I arrive with Dawn at the boot of Mr Smiths car to find all the T Shirts and Polo's etc had just been thrown into the boot
Couldn't see what all the fuss was about, myself. Some clothes needed folding and he'd brought a woman. Problem solved... :lol:

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:
Then to my complete horror I arrive with Dawn at the boot of Mr Smiths car to find all the T Shirts and Polo's etc had just been thrown into the boot
Couldn't see what all the fuss was about, myself. Some clothes needed folding and he'd brought a woman. Problem solved... :lol:
Almost a good 'Donald Trump moment' by the sounds of it, before we had even heard of them.

In fact Bill, you might feel ready to apply for the job to run America, not just North Shields.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

In fact Bill, you might feel ready to apply for the job to run America, not just North Shields.
Have you been there? The place is overrun by Americans!

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote: Have you been there? The place is overrun by Americans!
Now I thought you might have added a Donald Trump favourite, that Americans in America are being over run by Mexicans and the other M? Is the management of wall building amongst your skill set, Bill?
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations