Collectable Things

lsrdatabase

Eagle Carving - with Campbell connections?

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi All,

I have been asked for any information about a carved eagle (attached) dated 1933 and suggested a connection with the Campbell's. Date suggests Sir Malcolm, but nothing known.

Any information would be appreciated.

Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pauly1964

collectables

Post by pauly1964 »

Hi all, I am a new member here.

I have various collectable regarding the Campbell's. I have collected books, dinky toys and some photo's , I would be interested to know where I can sell them or know of a collector that would like them.

Thanks Paul Newman.
klingon

Re: Collectable Things

Post by klingon »

That'll be Ebay then? :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The Ruskin Museum will always gratefully accept loans or donations of objects related to Campbell / Bluebird. We plan to give them a big, shiny boat someday.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
klingon

Post by klingon »

The Aston still exists-it's blue!-wunner who has it now?-the Beryl next door probably don't-photo 1955 so thats the one which maybe blew up. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Dont recall hearing they blew a Beryl up????
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Black Knight wrote:Dont recall hearing they blew a Beryl up????
I don't think they did, although the original Beryl was removed and the spare fitted after the Lake Mead sinking in October 1955. I believe that there is a Beryl at Filching Manor but it would be for others on this forum to tell you which one it is.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

I've seen the Beryl at Filching. The info said it still had fuel from OZ in it when it was stripped down.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

The Beryl at Filching is MV38 from memory, it's a long time ago I worked on it. There was indeed still fuel in it, but you wouldn't be able to tell where it came from, probably one of Paul's stretchings of the truth I think!! The Beryl was very much like R37, very very gritty sounding when turned over by hand, having been shot blasted by Thorpe Park. Donald had three Beryls, MV54, MV38, and one other. This last one was for spares as it had been "arms tested", that is to say, started up and shot at until it stopped, but even this had been fettled to run again, so the team had three runners. None exploded according to Leo's logs.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
klingon

Post by klingon »

Me gettin confused again with the timeline!-thought it was a Beryl that sucked in the intakes on K7-wrong again!
Appopolylogies!