What have forum members been up to?

thebassmasta

Re: What have forum members been up to?

Post by thebassmasta »

Thanks Mike i will get in touch with him.
the next 2 posts is where i need help from the bluebird project team.
we will start with the seat the plan is to have it covered like this one
with 2 blue stripes on the top and 2 union jacks on the side of the rear hump and the k7 logo as my fuel cap bung
at the back of the seat i would love to incorporate this design
the seat is to be covered by les at saddlecraft in southshields
this is my seat, ready to go to les
thebassmasta

Post by thebassmasta »

would love to use the the bluebird project logo on the nearside front legshields
the horncasting (oval part at the top) will incorporate this little gem
with the k7 logo on the right hand side legshield front
thebassmasta

Post by thebassmasta »

i have 2 ideas for the toolbox door but cant decide on the 2 images
or this one
the headset top (light unit/handlebars) will have this
mr whoppit always made an appearance
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The plans for painting the scooter as described above seem to be likely to run into a whole host of copyright issues with artists, photographers, Clubs and others, should the work be direct copies of the samples shown. An airbrush artist should be able to do their own work guided by the reference material.

The use of the Bluebird in flight 'logo' could be the most costly to defend, as it is the one which could go to the Courts. [There are pages on the inter-web to do with this subject alone.]

It must be my eyes, or the shadow on the embossed plaque - what is the year on the bottom dateline?
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
thebassmasta

Post by thebassmasta »

completley no support from here what so ever then. im not making any money out of this, this is for my own personal obsession, the images ive shown are freely available on the internet. i believe i can use the 2 paintings in question as i do own both prints which i purchased from the bluebird cafe, but as stated above i have asked arthur if i could use it. i thought you guys might jump at the chance for a bit of free advertising, as i and many others appreciate what the team are doing and what you have achieved so far. a fitting tribute would have been a nice reply, as regards to the date on the coin, what is the problem there, i cant see nothing wrong with that at all,
Last edited by thebassmasta on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

completley no support from here what so ever then. im not making any money out of this, this is for my own personal obsession, the images ive shown are freely available on the internet. i thought you guys might jump at the chance for a bit of free advertising.
It's not about support - it's just one of those potential minefields that crops up again and again. It can get a little contentious so we tend to steer a course around it. I'm sure your project will turn out brilliantly but we can't say go for it with regard to other people's copyright or intellectual property. The only thing that we (the Bluebird Project) have a say on is our own images and our logo that we don't allow to be used anywhere so it's not personal. Still the very best of luck with your project, though.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
thebassmasta

Post by thebassmasta »

thanks bill, that means alot to me, ive planned on doing this tribute for many years just never got round to it. i understand not using your logo that is one of the main reasons why i asked in the first place, if there is anything else i could use as an idea i would appreciate it. when the scooter is finished i intend to do a photo shoot at coniston in january so my time scale is very short
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

if there is anything else i could use as an idea i would appreciate it
Well the crossed flags are just that - crossed flags. And I painted the nose art once and got away with it ;) You could always say you copied mine.
Nose Art.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

thebassmasta wrote:completley no support from here what so ever then. im not making any money out of this, this is for my own personal obsession, the images ive shown are freely available on the internet .......... the date on the coin, what is the problem there, i cant see nothing wrong with that at all,
Before you get support, I felt it right to point out the 'minefield' that you may be stepping into.

Being posted on the internet does not remove an artist or photographers right to copyright protection and remuneration. [The Bluebird in flight is a trademark and in the recent past has been the subject of legal actions.]

Now you know all of the potential problems that you might face, get that finished machine to Coniston in January, as enthusiasts for Donald will be there to gaze longingly at your work and they will pick fault with any errors or mistakes :lol: . Dates of 3rd to 8th January in particular.

When I first looked I saw a numeral 5 (five), not a 6 (six), on that bottom line year.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
thebassmasta

Post by thebassmasta »

thanks malcolm, i understand about the legal loopholes i may come across, like ive said im not out to make anything out of this this is my own personal tribute to donald, ive had this thing about the bluebird and donald since i was a little boy, being born 16 miles away from coniston it has urged me on to finally get this project done, Ive had a meeting with my painter tonight and hes willing to change a few things, hopefully it will turn out right. i was offered some artwork last night aswell, which i will be using on my toolbox door