Bluebird & Other Scale Models

midlife

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by midlife »

Anyone know what this is?
I spotted it hidden away at the back of the Campbell collection at the Lakeland motor museum..
Cheers
Wayne

pmc

Post by pmc »

If that silver band across the pointy end represents a windscreen, then that would give some idea of scale.

A fast wing-in-ground-effect vehicle?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle
midlife

Post by midlife »

I've got to admit I thought Ekranoplan or Caspian Sea monster when I saw it, the thought of adjusting the canards to get the desired front end lift I find horrifying...
Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi all,
After a lot of trawling the interweb I think I've found the source of the K7 Nexus plans, I've ordered a set & I'll leave feedback when they arrive..
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/1 ... luebird-k7
Cheers
Wayne

longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

I carn't beleive i **** out not putting my dads(ernie lazenby) k7 on the water yesterday. At 8 50 am the water suddenly turned mirror smooth perfect for a run out and the tv and press were egging me on to put it on the water. The boat hire bloke said they would get me a boat and i asked about the speed limit on coniston and he said he was the one that enforces it but wouldnt mind if i ran model. With everyone looking at me and all the press my arse just fell out. Im so dissapointed with my self as it would have been on the national news running so well around the 80 mph mark. but it was good to have all my dads models on display at the memorial service ,they made a good back drop on top of the memorial. Ive put some photos of my day on here. Ian lazenby
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi Ian,
Hehe, I've got to admit that the water did turn to glass at 8.50, I thought it was quite spiritual in a way, even DMC was egging you on....
Cheers
Wayne

longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

I realy am kicking my self that i dint run it ill never get such a chance again to show case the model
midlife

Post by midlife »

midlife wrote:Hi all,
After a lot of trawling the interweb I think I've found the source of the K7 Nexus plans, I've ordered a set & I'll leave feedback when they arrive..
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/1 ... luebird-k7
Cheers
Wayne
Well, plans arrived, they sent the wrong one for a small engine. I emailed them & they apologised & said they will get the correct one printed & sent out to me.
I hate waiting for stuff...
Cheers
Wayne

lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi Wayne,
I Have been told about the Nexus K7 plans and have also seen them myself. Although the plans I supply, need possibly updating, depending on which form you wish to produce, for which update photos are also supplied. However, my plans are correct in detail if they are of 1956 era. Mine are also half the price.
Regard to all, Fred
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hi Fred, you sent me your plans cd over Xmas, I'll be using them & the Nexus plan for my next build.
Cheers
Wayne