klingon

Re: Donald Campbell's Road Cars

Post by klingon »

What a goof-everyone knows it's Loch Connyston :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
savvy

Post by savvy »

Hi Mark-f further to your enquiry about the Radrord mini....in 1981 I was looking to buy a mini cooper, there was one for sale in exchange and mart. The car was in Welling, I rang the person selling it,he told me he had recently bought a farm and this car was in a barn,it started well,but was no use to him. So i went down immediately,he showed me the car and i fell in love with it. It was a chocolate bronze colour,but inside the door sills you couls see it use to be blue. He gave me a bunch of paperwork that went with it.. it was bought by Donald Campbell for his wife. He had it modified to include a 'record player' electric windows full leather interior. It flew when you put your foot down. Being a young naive boy. I didnt realise its importance and unfortunately had it stolen around 4 years after i bought it. I still regret and miss it to this day. Had someone offered to swap it for a ferrari then , i would have turned them down. The last numbers on reg plate were 604B but cant for the life of me remember the first
turbocox

Post by turbocox »

It wasn't registration number ( BLT 648 B ) by any chance was it ?
In stead of *** 604 B ?
All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Anyone got any photo's of the interior of Donalds Bentley thats at Lakeland Motor Museum?
mark-f

Post by mark-f »

Thanks for the further info Savvy.

It sounds like it has gone the way of all things. Still, good to know the end of the story.

Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco »

Probably old hat but I took these photos of Sir Malcolm/Donald's Bentley last year at the Lakeland Motor Museum...

Not the original colour of course!
GCarmoodie

Post by GCarmoodie »

Would forum member Savvy be willing to speak to me about Campbell's Radford Mini?

I'm writing a newspaper feature about Campbell's cars and would greatly appreciate some further information on the Mini.

With Best Wishes,

Gillian
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Anyone know of Donald owning an AC Aceca between 56 and 58-ish?

Apparently he did and it's still around and undergoing restoration.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Don't know about Donald but Ted's dad did.
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

Tis true, (we) never go to see it though, must of got sold for nappies or visits to the pub....
ac%20aceca.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.