New CN7 Book

rob565uk

Re: New CN7 Book

Post by rob565uk »

Thanks for sharing Mike. I hadn't seen that before. Does anyone know what became of the film "How Long a Mile" made by Donald Campbell at Lake Eyre?

(I had a keyboard error there- hit the k instead of l in Mile, so we nearly had a new film called "How Long a Mike :-))

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

rob565uk wrote:Thanks for sharing Mike. I hadn't seen that before. Does anyone know what became of the film "How Long a Mile" made by Donald Campbell at Lake Eyre?

(I had a keyboard error there- hit the k instead of l in Mile, so we nearly had a new film called "How Long a Mike :-))
How strange!
I spent most of last night trying to find that out!
to no avail.
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

I seem to recall Donald eventually selling his rights in the film to raise cash for the final WWSR attempt...... Maybe one of the more knowledgeable members like Neil or Steve can remember?

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Jimbo

CN7 BOOK

Post by Jimbo »

I wonder if anybody can suggest a book I might buy which give an in depth technical write-up on the CN7 car. I would love to know about such topics as the transmission of power to the wheels. Surely there must have been some sort of clutch / fluid flywheel, to enable start up without immediately moving off?
I'm just about at the end of Man Behind The Mask by David Tremayne. I have really enjoyed this book; it is absorbing right from the start, and has held my interest throughout.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

rob565uk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:17 am Does anyone know what became of the film "How Long a Mile" made by Donald Campbell at Lake Eyre?
The family members with help from Beaulieu have released a DVD version of How Long a Mile (or Mike). If you are near a "The Works" bookshop many were offering the DVD with a speed record book for £5.00 after Christmas.
Last edited by malcolm uk on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Re: CN7 BOOK

Post by malcolm uk »

Jimbo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:59 pm I would love to know about such topics as the transmission of power to the wheels.
The book has included some paragraphs from Norris Bros documents as they scoped out the engine/transmission. The turbo-shaft Proteus was a modified version with power shafting at both ends. Like many turboshaft engines there was a 'free turbine' to take the power to the axle bevel drives - think 'fluid flywheel' arrangement.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Mike Bull wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:12 pm I'm not long, I'm round! :lol:
I am glad that has been revealed to all! :oops:
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
pmw1985

Post by pmw1985 »

I got how long is a mile dvd on amazon last week
https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Long-A-Mil ... mpbell+dvd
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thank you to all for the information on the CN7 book.