Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Richie

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by Richie »

Nearly resembles K7......Nearly :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Amazing vid of my dads ernie lazenby k7 i ran at ullswater in 2013 . This is the long version ive just found on an old drive. Eddie Poole is helping me.

Just a reminder for everyone that You Tube videos can be directly embedded into the forum by placing the ID tag of the video within you tube tags, using the button above the posting box. -Mike
K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hello All, and Ian especially, sorry I've been off the website for a while but I've not been to well again,think you will have realised that Ian, anyway most of you will know my build of K7 rebuild well by photos you'll see the boat about finished,,,,, but guess what I've stripped the boat back to the the hull ,why? I had a long hard think about it while I had the time off from the build I decided I wanted to build the 1964 record boat it's a personal thought to me don't want to really go into it, well I'll post pics again and this to Bill I'm building a turning rig like yours it was to much last time for me to lift boat back and forward I've not much room and I'm not strong enough now,to all the team the boat your rebuilding is fantastic and some new great model boats to on the forum, I'm pleased to be back on the forum again :)
Al.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
midlife

Post by midlife »

Welcome back Al, I’ve proper missed you & your updates.
Have you made a start converting it to the 64 record version yet?
Cheers
Wayne

K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hello there hope your doing well, answered yes have stripped it all down got materials for sponsons and waiting for kit next week to build revolving cage , I'll post some more pics as I go on should not be to difficult as the main hull is all but finished. Thank you for replying I see your projects are coming on great speak later as guess where I'm off ,,,,,to the she'd! :)
Al
midlife

Post by midlife »

Hehe, glad you’re back on it Al, get that heater on[.]
Cheers
Wayne

longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Hi al glad your back hope you're better. Carnt wait to see your k7 on the water. I took mine over to Coniston last year for the 50th anniversary i was going to run it but when all the press and tv pointed their cameras at it i bottled it!! I wish id ran it now as it would have been on the news
K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hi Ian yes a lot better thank you, I have all the bits ready just two new sponsons and new tail to build this time though I'm making a jig to turn hull to put detail on its a little like they used on the real boat it will help me a lot. Last time It took me a lot longer turning it back and forth , the jig will let me get on a little faster :) so I'll be posting some build photos on here soon as I get jig done
ATB , Al.
K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hello all some more photos of the unbuild of my K7 , 67 build to the K7 64 , I've shown bits and pieces of the materials I'm using to build jig to make things easier for me no more lifting it about you will see the dumped sponsons I'm taking the aluminium wedges of though. Also the aluminium supports for sponsons will be stronger once shaped I may have to load 1 or 2 pics at a time looked a wreck now , but I'm sticking by what I've done .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K7boats

Post by K7boats »

Hi All , latest pic of the day pictures of the boat are amazing it just seems to be taking shape very quickly it's amazing , well my little boat is stripped right back now, and is on my jig they are just little things which look different from the 64 spec to the 66/67 but when you really get stuck in there is a lot ! I've decided to make a new set of sponsons as well I'm going again try to detail the engine compartment as best as poss I'm redoing intakes and the big block of balsa you see in the picture below is for shaping to make a fuel tank like the big k7 it saves so much space it looks a wreck the boat at the minute but I can get stuck in now. :D