Coniston - Spiritual Home?

Sam_68

Re: Coniston - Spiritual Home?

Post by Sam_68 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:04 pm ...don't for a moment think that there was ever any promise to hand over all our hard work without strings attached because there never was.
Then why did you publish the statement that I linked above, which is still there for all to see, on your website?

Can you comment on Ernie's assertion that actual, legal ownership of the boat was handed by the CFHT to the Ruskin.

Ownership is usually quite straightforward: either you own something, or you don't.

If K7's ownership was, or is, disputed, surely that is something that you had a moral, if not legal, obligation to make clear to prospective donors to the project?
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Bill please just put a stop to all this by answering the question fundamental to this and other threads. Surely you of all people must know;

Who in law, that is has 'legal title', owns K7 Bluebird? Is it the Ruskin Museum Trust, The Campbell family heritage trust, the Bluebird project or Ms Campbell.

Until that is dealt with the hamster keeps the wheel turning.
conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

Then why did you publish the statement that I linked above, which is still there for all to see, on your website?
to ensure the successful completion of this project and the return of Donald Campbell’s iconic boat to her spiritual home in Coniston, Cumbria, England.
I keep hearing this, Coniston - spiritual home thing and I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.
Fair question
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Bill said 'Then a certain Type III attempted to alter the donation agreement for his own ends'

Therein are two useful pieces of information, (I) there was a donation agreement originally. (2)the identity of the type111 person thus becomes clear.
SteveHunt

Post by SteveHunt »

"Until that is dealt with the hamster keeps the wheel turning."

more like the hamster wheel keeps on being spun by someone who plainly has not an awful lot left constructively to do with his time, bar constantly needling those who have made more positive contributions to this piece of British history than he has.

Dont you ever give it a rest, Ernie? What skin do you have in the game exactly, for you to be so constantly, forensically interested in this one factor that you personally have nothing to do with?
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

English dictionary definition- 'Spiritual home' 'a place where you feel you belong, although you were not born there, because you have a lot in common with the people, the culture, and the way of life'

Re: Question Bill asked originally. In respect of a piece of property the expression is misused. Where I live now is my 'spiritual home', yes I was born in smoggy land, I cant help that :lol: , but that was over 70 years ago. In its relatively short life did K7 really ever have a 'home' ?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

to ensure the successful completion of this project and the return of Donald Campbell’s iconic boat to her spiritual home in Coniston, Cumbria, England.
I keep hearing this, Coniston - spiritual home thing and I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.
Fair question
Back in the day we had romantic notions of a joint effort but, with regret, we have to say that Coniston has failed completely to engage with the project over the past 10 years or so and as one commentator said on Bute - 'you should invite them up here to see what they could have won'. That pretty much sums it up. And it's an awful lot easier to say, put it in the museum, than it is to say, put it in the museum with an ongoing maintenance, conservation and anti-det contract in place, but that's what it should have read.

Bill please just put a stop to all this by answering the question fundamental to this and other threads. Surely you of all people must know;
Surely no one imagines I have, or indeed there even exists, a definitive answer to that one? Too many variables.

As we've said for the longest time, when Coniston and the museum and the LDNPA sort themselves out we'll be there with bells on but until they do we'll just keep on delivering a project with the greatest public benefit.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Two sentiments with which I most heartily agree:

''As we've said for the longest time, when Coniston and the museum and the LDNPA sort themselves out we'll be there with bells on but until they do we'll just keep on delivering a project with the greatest public benefit''.
Mike Bull wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:16 pm ...and with that, can we please all give this a rest for a while? Thanks!
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Amen to that !!!!!
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Richie

Post by Richie »

And with that all said, there remains only one final question !

“Describe your perfect Tuesday”
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."