Where can Bluebird be seen

Richie

Re: Where can Bluebird be seen

Post by Richie »

It’s in the U.K. undergoing its final stages of its restoration.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

Chris Williams

Post by Chris Williams »

Yes Scots Pine, I saw that too. Seems like there was something in place after all, £580,000 worth. Either that or they have thrown it all together in the last few weeks.
In a lifetime, among the seeds we sew is the seed of tragedy, and tragedy is a plant that can take many years to grow, and even longer to blossom, and bear it's bitter fruit.
newsgirluk

Post by newsgirluk »

The Bluebird wing at the museum has been ready and waiting since 2008!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Yes Scots Pine, I saw that too. Seems like there was something in place after all, £580,000 worth. Either that or they have thrown it all together in the last few weeks.
500k of that was a grant from Cumbria Vision using money left over from the foot and mouth crisis to put up a building but as of today there is still nothing in place to host any sort of a homecoming event. Maybe that is about to change.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

If I sound like a stuck record then so be it. It is probably better than being identified as the school teacher that always told you that you were wasting your own time until you stopped and listened.

The berthing of Bluebird in the dedicated wing of the Ruskin Museum built in 2008 has nothing to do with the Proving Trial of K7 as defined in the Coniston Water Bye Laws.

The Coniston Water Proving Trial may form the centre piece of the Bluebird Heritage Festival activities. These activities embracing the home coming as well are being organised by the representatives of the local populace of the village on the working group.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Richie

Post by Richie »

newsgirluk wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:17 pm The Bluebird wing at the museum has been ready and waiting since 2008!

A new poster, long time watcher !

Perhaps you would like to introduce yourself 8-)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The berthing of Bluebird in the dedicated wing of the Ruskin Museum built in 2008 has nothing to do with the Proving Trial of K7 as defined in the Coniston Water Bye Laws.
Nor will she be going in there immediately following any proving trial as she will have to return to her North Shields home for the extensive work to get her dried out and inhibited.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
newsgirluk

Post by newsgirluk »

Richie wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm
newsgirluk wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:17 pm The Bluebird wing at the museum has been ready and waiting since 2008!

A new poster, long time watcher !

Perhaps you would like to introduce yourself 8-)
I rather think the clue is in the name Richie!!!
newsgirluk

Post by newsgirluk »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:35 pm
500k of that was a grant from Cumbria Vision using money left over from the foot and mouth crisis to put up a building but as of today there is still nothing in place to host any sort of a homecoming event. Maybe that is about to change.
I rather think the total cost of building the extension was a tad more than quoted.....to be confirmed. How do you know there's nothing in place to host a homecoming event? When did you last speak to CPC or the Business Forum or the people of Coniston? I believe we are within spitting distance of agreeing on a date? Not my personal choice but there we go. When we have a date we can confirm and book everyone from the pizza boys to the bunting supplier to the florist to the police, parking etc etc etc......I think we will surprise you......Coniston can throw a party!