Where can Bluebird be seen

wbjohn

Re: Where can Bluebird be seen

Post by wbjohn »

newsgirluk wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:56 pm
Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:35 pm
Yes Scots Pine, I saw that too. Seems like there was something in place after all, £580,000 worth. Either that or they have thrown it all together in the last few weeks.
500k of that was a grant from Cumbria Vision using money left over from the foot and mouth crisis to put up a building but as of today there is still nothing in place to host any sort of a homecoming event. Maybe that is about to change.
I rather think the total cost of building the extension was a tad more than quoted.....to be confirmed. How do you know there's nothing in place to host a homecoming event? When did you last speak to CPC or the Business Forum or the people of Coniston? I believe we are within spitting distance of agreeing on a date? Not my personal choice but there we go. When we have a date we can confirm and book everyone from the pizza boys to the bunting supplier to the florist to the police, parking etc etc etc......I think we will surprise you......Coniston can throw a party!
re. quote above “when we have a date we can confirm and book everyone, Coniston can throw a party,” usually i would say jog on then, but maybe a sprint would benefit in this instance.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Take a step back and this is all rather entertaining.

The Hooray Hoopla Coming Home Committee sent their liar in chief to say all was in hand but it didn't ring true so we went and asked all the right questions, albeit having gatecrashed the burrow, only to find our suspicions confirmed. So now we have BBP proven that we can deliver, Murley Moss, having been slated in public and seeing a fast ball coming their way have done the no-brainer stuff by sorting out dates when the weather has a chance to be nice, the kids can come for a look and our curfew is nor 9.00 instead of 4.00 so they are in the clear too thus pitching the whole thing back at the Hooray Hoopla Coming Home Committee who seem to have in turn dropped the whole sorry mess onto a raw recruit from whose bones they haven't yet sucked all the marrow.
BBP is happy to assume ownership of any risk on the course, which consists of a narrow strip of water a couple of miles long, so we'll be surveying that next week and delivering our safety plan ASAP and after that we'll put our feet up and see what happens. Cutoff date 31st Dec after which we run with plan B.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jett

Post by Jett »

Given that Bluebird was recovered 17 and a half years ago, the world and its wife has been asking when Bluebird would be ready to return to Coniston for at least the past 10 years. That question has become more and more intense over the past 5 years. The answer that came back each time was: "It'll be ready when it's ready." Not exactly co-operative.

You can't plan any event, whether it includes trial runs on Coniston Water or simply entails the execution of the Deed of Gift signed by Gina Campbell and the return of the boat to the museum, until you know that Bluebird is ready. Bluebird was effectively shown to be ready to return to Coniston less than 2 months ago. Given the refusal to open up co-operative lines of communication over the course of the past 10 years- as opposed to sneering salvoes from an internet forum- that is effectively how long Coniston has had to prepare.

Coniston and the myriad of followers of this protracted saga have shown incredible patience over the past decade. Everyone wants to see Bluebird complete DMC's last run, but if it all becomes too much and dummies get spat once too often it won't take a 6 month application process to the LDNPA to allow Bluebird to go into the Ruskin Museum, as per the contractual obligation set by the Campbell Family Trust.
Richie

Post by Richie »

According to the LDNPA it will to get it back on the water there.

It may take more than 6 months for the Ruskin to provide Bill with the signed paperwork he has been asking for though.

besides even if Coniston goes ahead in 2019 (and I hope it does)

*** THE BOAT WILL BE COMING HOME TO NORTH SHIELDS IMMEDIATELY AFTER IRRESPECTIVE ***

just made that bold so it cannot be missed......
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Bluebird was effectively shown to be ready to return to Coniston less than 2 months ago. Given the refusal to open up co-operative lines of communication over the course of the past 10 years- as opposed to sneering salvoes from an internet forum- that is effectively how long Coniston has had to prepare.
Wrong - totally wrong. Even if they had only woken up when we announced our intention to go to Bute that would have given them more than a year already because I told them privately last summer before anything was announced publicly. Most of the required paperwork is of a type that could have been done years ago then left in a drawer indefinitely pending minor tweaks come the time. We have made strenuous efforts to establish effective comm's and our head of op's, Malcolm spent many years trying to motivate and guide them in person having travelled to their meetings before finally resigning in exasperation and even if the two months stated had been put to any worthwhile use the world would be two months closer but as of Weds absolutely nothing was in place or being actioned. And apart from all of this, it's a dismal failure of those with a supposed vested interest not to stay across what was going on and be fully up to speed with what stage we were at with the build. Even the pic of the day explained that to anyone who cared to look. Then there's the telephone, email, hop in the car and come for a look, etc.

Nope, sorry, attempting to fabricate a believable excuse for the shambles Coniston finds itself in over this would be a bigger job than building the boat itself.

Richie

Post by Richie »

Either way, we will have submitted our deployment model, we can only hope the homecoming committee can do the same before the deadline.

Fingers crossed....

get her run, bring her home to NS for anti det work and drying, then she can go on display until the next running venue is organised.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

then she can go on display until the next running venue is organised.
...once term are agreed and contracts drawn up and signed, of course.

Richie

Post by Richie »

That goes back to my comment regarding you chasing the Ruskin for the signed paperwork
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

That goes back to my comment regarding you chasing the Ruskin for the signed paperwork
Signed! They've not even begun to discuss what needs to be written down let alone sign anything!

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Jett wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 am Given the refusal to open up co-operative lines of communication over the course of the past 10 years - as opposed to sneering salvoes from an internet forum- that is effectively how long Coniston has had to prepare.
As I have been heard stating at de-briefing meetings - "no profanity and no swearing" - but to be told I have failed to co-operate and communicate over the last ten years is almost 'delete expletives by the bucket load' WRONG. So totally WRONG I have hit the keyboard rather than work on parts of the BBP safety plan.

The first task I took on, with Bill's blessing, was to find and obtain a way for the Bluebird to be run on Coniston Water. I started this in 2005/6. This was achieved through talking with those in the village, on the Council and in the LDNPA. The Coniston Water Bye Laws were amended (late 2010) and signed off. These tell everyone what the Proving Trial of K7 will consist of and what the World can expect from the BBP on the water.

The parts of the boat had been recovered in 2001 and yet no one in the village had done anything to facilitate the return except that during the same time period as the Bye Law change was being discussed the Ruskin Museum raised funding and built an extension called the Bluebird wing. Everyone was told of the need for the Proving Trial TWELVE (12) years ago.

In mid 2015 I started detailed discussions with the CPC and was invited in December 2015 to personally speak with the Parish Council and any members of the village who took an interest. The detail was about the Proving Trial. The Council decided an event working group should be set up to plan for the return of the craft on to Coniston Water. In March 2016 the group started discussing what needed to be done. Detailed discussions have been held between the BBP and Coniston representatives for the LAST THREE YEARS.

The BBP crew decided that I should attend these meetings which have been held every six weeks (except in the summer break). They were never secret as I was in the village for two days every six weeks as a volunteer. I think that I had opened and contributed to co-operative communication in those two years, if not during the seven or so before.

I was rsponsible for suggesting some dates for the Proving Trial in late 2017, which were ignored, even though they did meet the compromise between a bank holiday and schools being on holiday, and there was an 'R' in the month. The dates did however focus the LDNPA minds and they respionded with the 'Christmas gift' of new documents outlining when and how the Proving Trial should "apply for exemption". These documents had been edited to try to remove Windermere and put Coniston in its place. Remember there is a Bye Law permitting runs by Bluebird K7 above 10mph.

Therfore the planning of the homecoming and any other Festival events around the Proving Trial of K7 could have started in detail two years ago. Not two months as the writer suggests.

As we are all watching the arrival of Storm Callum, it is worth repeating that although such events cannot be timetabled, all Councils and voluntary bodies have plans in place so as to react when the forecast suggests.

Do not keep trying to tell me that plans could only be put in place if a date is known. The village were 'primed' in 2005 and could have spoken with all concerned so that details could have been completed by the end of 2017 and put in the LDNPA format within weeks.

As this did not occur, the same outline planning should have, or may be has, been put in place by the village group since I stopped attending the Group meetings in March to attend to the planning of the Crew Training Exercise on Bute. Perhaps the LDNPA will receive documents (with July 2019 dates on the top) next week from the Festival Group in time to get sign off by January??

[Written in anger so apologies for any typo's.]
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England