Where can Bluebird be seen

Richie

Re: Where can Bluebird be seen

Post by Richie »

Before I forget, thanks for doing all that Malcolm :D

I know Sally has been in touch, I need to get in touch with you myself too, will make contact when we both get a spare minute !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

[Written in anger so apologies for any typo's.]
Malcolm, calm... no swearing or profanity. I think all we have here is moderate to severe Type I activity but we'll stay across it in the meantime in case of the need to issue a full Type II alert.

And, while we're putting the truth out there, please remind me how the fudged Windermere/Coniston documents played out last Christmas. Uncle Bulgaria left that out of his bottom-covering spiel on Wednesday. Perhaps he forgot like I have...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

So reading between the lines and all the political flin flon .
K7 will be ready for Coniston (or wherever) in 2019
But as for Coniston being ready for K7 is still totally and completely up in the air and in the hands of the wibbling wombles and tree huggers ?
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 am ... please remind me how the fudged Windermere/Coniston documents played out last Christmas. Uncle Bulgaria left that out of his bottom-covering spiel on Wednesday. Perhaps he forgot like I have...
This is a period with the project that I would rather forget. The 'timing' of the Proving Trial had now become a major stumbling block, although I said at the time not a hurdle but an attempted locked door.

The documents from the LDNPA were circulated with a covering e mail on Friday 8th December (sent at 16.37hrs).

The contents of the e mail became a discussion matter of the Bluebird Festival Group at their meeting on Wednesday 3rd January. At some point during that meeting I told all present that the LDNPA had chosen to 'prevent' the Proving Trial from taking place (by not considering months without an 'R' and the running of the craft during school holidays). They had 'locked the door' on the matter as any other view than their own was 'contentious'.

At the time I did not fully understand how important the timing of the circulation of the documents by the LDNPA was. I subsequently discovered that the papers or something similar had gone to the management of the Jaguar Vector boat team, who were seeking to make a UIM International and RYA National Speed Record attempt in 2018 on Coniston Water (an activity allowed by the Coniston Water Bye Laws). The CPC had been advised of timings requested by Jaguar Vector and they supported this speed record attempt at their 18th December meeting and I found out from their published minutes when they were posted on their website.

I take it from last weeks face to face meeting with the LDNPA that there is no 'locked door' and all can move forward.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I take it from last weeks face to face meeting with the LDNPA that there is no 'locked door' and all can move forward.
Following the well earned backlash of public opinion and derision aimed at the LDNPA resulting from the Bute exercise it would appear that someone with a modicum of either cunning (LDNPA does its bit then allows Coniston to fail = arse thoroughly covered) or common sense (it was a no-brainer in the first place) has summarily taken said door off its hinges and burned it!

Richie

Post by Richie »

The LDNPA were quite open about what’s what with running, furthermore the representative was confident that the event could go ahead if expedient hard work was put in.

My take on it was that as long as the running model meets muster as does the event planning schedule, there is a healthy chance that the event would pass the committee etc etc.

Remember one bloke cannot speak for the whole committee, but he did seem confident....

The issue is the extensive list of items the homecoming festival team have to get through in very limited time scale... the monthly meetings need to be changed to weekly, and it will take a no nonesense individual to crack the whip, cut through the crap and get the job done.

It will take a serious autocrat to pull this off I reckon.

I have every faith though.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It will take a serious autocrat to pull this off I reckon.
And therein lies the first and biggest problem. You don't get autocrats in the wishy-washy world of committees. Their whole architecture ensures that one wishy-washy individual fetters the next until the whole conglomeration can barely move. The way the LDNPA is on at the moment they'd likely sign off on old Mrs. Cannybody with a stop/go sign attached to her mobility scooter for a traffic management plan and a twelve year old in a canoe with a loudhailer for water safety just get the heat away from under their bureaucratic bottoms but getting forms signed off is only 10% of the job. The other 90% is being able to demonstrate that the Hoopla Committee can deliver it.
It's one thing to say they will police the shoreline and water from there to the course with ten boats but then we need them to deliver robust plans to provide those boats, crew them, fuel and equip them. Train and manage the crews, provide radio comm's that mesh with our own, etc, etc. And it's going to cost. Bute was expensive for us. At one stage we had to buy up every tube of Araldite on the island to build a new canopy. We had to put Duncan the driver in a hotel a couple of times, buy unexpected items, send vans ashore on the ferry for fuel we had to suddenly buy off-island. What I'm saying is that there will be both seen and unforeseen expense and it's a big job and our pleas that they begin fund raising ten years ago went as unheeded as our pleas to have a plan ready for the return. Literally none of this is in place...

Every faith! I'm not sure where that's coming from.

Richie

Post by Richie »

Well, another successful trip to Coniston, surveyed our running line noted a number of considerations for the water safety plan.

All to go together shortly for the running model for K7 to return to Coniston in July 19.

I am still waiting on the promised reply from the LDNPA for the data I requested, left a number of messages now and an email. It appears they may have reneged on their promise Malcolm.

The information we discussed may need to be sourced elsewhere from someone more willing to be forthcoming.

All very strange ;)