Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

ace_chris

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by ace_chris »

They’ve actually planned something! No one could confirm or deny that it was actually the 150th anniversary but it took 50 years of planning so had to be the 200th anniversary instead!

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/17409613 ... hn-ruskin/

I do chuckle when I read comments like complex traffic management systems...there was very little complexity in the £10 that the farmer took off me and many others to park in a field on the day of the funeral.

In terms of the feeling from the village can Novie give us any further updates?
Richie

Post by Richie »

Don’t think Novie lives in the village now... could be wrong.

From what I have read online, we are about 80% utterly despised with 50% of that figure wishing painful death upon us for ruining every aspect of their life.

Of the remaining 20% of the village I would say half that value are too old to pass comment on social media but hate us nonetheless.

The last half of that value perhaps are indifferent with a slight sqew toward liking us.

And I said I wasn’t going to pass anymore comment on this thread 😣

Although I am hated by association, I would like to send my fondest love to the good people of Coniston.

Love conquers all !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

JfromJAGs wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm
Ernie Lazenby wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:38 pm The situation as it is today must not be allowed to continue month after month year after year. A resolution must be reached that satisfies those who originally contributed towards the project and the building of the Ruskin extension on the basis of the information offered at that time to attract that support.
Ernie, could you please explain what our solution would look like and why this would be a good solution to you - and also for all the other K7 and DC enthusiasts around the world?

From what I read you do not like to see K7 run again. But you do like to show her in the museum, in fully restored condition as she looked in the morning before the crash. But what else than "public entertainment" is showing something in a museum? Don't get me wrong, to me there is nothing bad about "public entertainment" - when it is educational, inspiring and ment in the best way to honour someone. Following this thought, I just think the experience is a lot more inspiring and touching when such a machine is breathing and roaring.

So what make is OK to show K7 dead in the museum, while it is completely wrong to respectfully wake her up once in a while and run her at safe speed?

BR,
Joerg

Joerg, I will think about a suitable reply soon in the interim could you please explain how you get a fast electric on 2S to do 200mph, astonishing!

High reving brushless motors dont have much torque therefore prop size is restricted. what KV motor are you using, prop size and type. I presume you are using one of Hans Leyners motors? What amps did the entire power train draw? how many watts were produced. What were the C rating of the Lipo's. Must be a three point hydroplane- dimensions and weight?. How many seconds was the combination subjected to at maximum power. I would like to crunch some numbers please to further my understanding. Keeping a small 2S fast electric on the water at high speed is a commendable achievment.
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

I ran on 8s of 5Ah 100C+ LiPo batteries, not on 2s. The fastest single pass so far was 206.15mph, hopefully more later this year. I will give only some short numbers here (wrong thread). PM or email me if you want to know more or discuss.

The boat is about 1.25m long, weights about 3.8kg and burst power on acceleration was approx. 22kW = 30HP. It dropped to about 15kW within 3 seconds on exit of the measured 100m. Yes, motor is LMT 22 series, KV aprox. 2600, it turned about 66.000rpm under load. Prop is a 3 blade of 44mm diameter and 2.2 pitch ratio. Here is a video from 2017 (same setup, but 2.0 pitch prop) showing some of the components: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRXafcIwvkY Sorry for the noise - someone else did the video.

BR,
Joerg
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Hi Joerg

Thanks for posting that clip, absolutely incredible stuff!! Some great numbers too :)
Richie

Post by Richie »

Maybe the project needs one of these Bill....I will donate transmitter etc. 😂... My race motors from the cars may overheat though, I think these guys use something else. However my competition batteries may be usable.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Next time k7 runs can ted stick a go pro camera on his helmet so we can all have an idea what its like
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

longarmedgibbon wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:02 pm Next time k7 runs can ted stick a go pro camera on his helmet so we can all have an idea what its like
And try to avoid doing a Gambon when bringing her back in to the shore next time. I nearly sh*t myself when I first saw the Sky film! :shock:
Richie

Post by Richie »

No “scrubbing” this time around I would imagine.
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

uh huh, an the mountain of complaints for it being fully off the plane a mile from the shore? :roll:

I have a plan but we'll have to see 8-) ...