Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Renegadenemo

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Renegadenemo »

In terms of Directorships, I guess it depends if all of the Directors have voting rights in terms of the future direction that could be taken. Or liquidate the Company
The company only exists to provide transparency via accounts posted to HMRC and to give the project 'legal personality' in order to enter into contracts, etc. In reality we are still the team you see every day on Twitter or can contact directly via the forum and we make decisions in that capacity rather than directors of a company. The reason we chose a not-for-profit company is because becoming a registered charity looked like a whole new minefield.

The overwhelming sentiment being expressed is that K7 should be kept alive and that our proposed 9/3 month agreement is both fair and a bit of a no-brainer so I've just come off the phone to one of our partners in Coniston having discussed exactly this and it was left such that I asked them to get in touch in due course with proposals regarding how we all proceed.
And, for the avoidance of doubt, we have been attempting to get that exact process moving for some considerable time without result.
I do have much sympathy for the good guys and girls who have given much time and effort to the restoration, probably not knowing the background legalities and relying on information from the project leaders
And that is very naughty. Everyone involved has been acutely aware of the background legalities at all times and the above is both defamatory and alludes to deceit on the part of me and/or others so I would be grateful if you would retract that statement, Ernie. Thanks.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Yes Bill I can see how my last sentence in my post could be mis- understood I will amend it now. Apologies for that error. I must say however it was not intended to be read as it has been. Nothing was implied at all. You know me better than that, I am direct like yourself. If I had thought otherwise I would have said it. Anyway I have amended it.

I am happy to say I believe K7 should be given a slow speed run on Coniston and then left on permanent display, that's my opinion however I respect the opinions of those who feel different and fully understand their right to air them. All I have attempted to do on this forum is offer an alternative view to the majority of posters and I see nothing wrong with that in a democracy. Some may find it amusing that my opinion differs entirely from that of my son who posts on here however we still speak and don't insult each other. We are of course of very different generations.

I guess my main motivation is trying to support genuine people in Coniston and the lake district national park authority doing their best while reading some of the insulting and unwarranted attacks posted on this forum. Thankfully the language is now largely more respectful and may help towards a resolution..
Last edited by Ernie Lazenby on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 pm

The overwhelming sentiment being expressed is that K7 should be kept alive and that our proposed 9/3 month agreement is both fair and a bit of a no-brainer so I've just come off the phone to one of our partners in Coniston having discussed exactly this and it was left such that I asked them to get in touch in due course with proposals regarding how we all proceed.
And, for the avoidance of doubt, we have been attempting to get that exact process moving for some considerable time without result.

Thanks for your clarity and transparency Bill, great to read that there is the glint of a possibility of Coniston coming to the party!
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Out of interest and for clarity I have today obtained a copy of Donald Campbells will from the probate office. Easy to do for the sum of £10. The copy will go into the files my son has that goes with the K7 model.
It makes interesting reading. DC did not have a lot of money when he died. He wanted Leo Villa to continue his enterprises with CN7 and K7 to give employment for his staff. That's the only reference to K7.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Which goes with what bill has said all these years, problem is some folk are so sure / frightened that we are up to something, it matters not what we say or do to allieviate those fears they simply don’t believe us.

I am exhausted over the whole fiasco tbh.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
TMW846

Running On Coniston

Post by TMW846 »

I understand that the Coniston group is being difficult re closing the public access to the lake. Can we not remind them that they are very happy to close public roads for cyclist's events. On that basis, they should try a bit harder to meet your needs.

I would absolutely love to see Bluebird going up and down Coniston at 150 mph!

Tom
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Richie wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:13 pm I am exhausted over the whole fiasco tbh.
Thats what I tried to convey in my post. Best wishes Richie, you all have done great work.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

I forgot to say; if it was intended to allow K7 to be taken out of the museum from time to time to service her and kept in top condition I would be fully supportive and seems a very sensible thing to do. (why every year though?) I could not support what has been openly spoken about on this forum and in the media, that is to run it on waters wherever. Just my thoughts - my son will give me stick when he sees me next.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Ernie, everyone is allowed an opinion :)

I doubt it would be every year, but it would
Be nice to have the three months of the year that we are asking for so we would have the option to run systems up and let her breathe for an adoring nation. We all appreciate what Donald did all those years ago, and the bravery it took to even try, yes we do often focus on the engineering side of things, but that is only because the last 17+ years the team have been so task focused on getting K7 done correctly and to as high a standard as we possibly can.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Wind ya neck in dad and get that turbine spirt 2 built. Ian lazenby