Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Renegadenemo

Re: Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Post by Renegadenemo »

It would seem that on other forms of social media there is discussion of the information I have given above. I understand it is being used to try to show that the personnel in and associated with the BBP gives out contradicting or 'exaggerated' info.
Ah, Malcolm... all these years the team have told me I should delegate more so it's a delight to see you stepping up to deal with the Type-III activity. I get bored with it when it's happening but miss it when it's not so this time I can enjoy it by proxy.
Have to wonder whether Type-IIIs confer some sort of survival value on the greater population and somehow fit the Darwinian model - bit like menopause and ADHD. Maybe we should have a mathematician to try the Price Equation on a few of the more interesting types that litter our rather stony path.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Even with those characters called "e m o j I s", that try to convey the context of comments and the emotion of a statement, what does upset me most is how the selective use of parts of comments made on forums, such as this one, are reproduced to convey 'the whole story'. Even publishing a whole sentence may not help when the paragraphs are long, which they often are when I am writing. (Odds on that will be 'used against me')

By the way, I decline the kind offer of being delegated to deal with Type 3 activity.

What is perhaps more disturbing is that this 'activity' is no longer localised to a village, a town, a District, a County or even a Country. It goes Worldwide.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Richie

Post by Richie »

Yes but that just means they look foolish to a greater audience, some more than others !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

What is perhaps more disturbing is that this 'activity' is no longer localised to a village, a town, a District, a County or even a Country. It goes Worldwide.
It's just history repeating itself. The Type-IIIs kicked off when we raised the wreck. We'd defiled a hero's grave, blah-de-blah. They were too thick to realise we could never have done that with out permission and refused to believe that we were actually asked to do it because accepting that would ruin their argument. Best to ignore that part. Then we were being paid a fortune by the BBC - really? not sure where that ever went.
Then there was the HLF and the museologists and oh how wrong we were to sack them off yet everything we said at the time has been proven out over time and now there's a spoonful of nutters setting themselves up to eat their words once more.

But best of all, as Rich points out, they can now make themselves look stupid in many languages... :lol: :lol:

JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

If the 2020 trails rely on the same people/organizations which prevented the 2019 trails, then I don't bet a penny on any runs in 2020.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If the 2020 trails rely on the same people/organizations which prevented the 2019 trails, then I don't bet a penny on any runs in 2020.
There has to be something in the pipeline. There was enough notice behind closed doors of the crew training on Bute such that it could have been relocated to Coniston had plans been implemented without delay and we would certainly have been ready to run on Coniston in 2019 having added an extra 12 months to what had already been made available, had it not been cancelled.

SURELY - it won't be allowed to fail in 2020! And in the unlikely event that it is then, equally surely, the courteous thing to do would be to invite Bute or somewhere else to look after things until matters are sorted?

Nigel Hore

Post by Nigel Hore »

Perhaps I have missed something in the posts but could someone please confirm if the Bute July 2019 trip is now postponed. I and several other guys have accommodation and holidays booked. Thanks.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

It's not happening this year, Nigel.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Nigel Hore

Post by Nigel Hore »

Thanks for clarification. Best wishes for your negotiations and a successful outcome
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

I'm not involved, Nigel, but have been following the BBP's progress. Like you, I certainly hope it all goes well for the BBP too.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."