Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Renegadenemo

Re: Planning Time before the Proving Trial?

Post by Renegadenemo »

Thanks for clarification. Best wishes for your negotiations and a successful outcome
Thanks. We reached agreement some years ago so there's a solid starting point. Will likely need one or two small tweaks but negotiations oughtn't be too difficult.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

The NWEMail newspaper has run a recent story on Coniston Water Bye Law changes. The LDNPA are having to make changes because the RYA no longer governs powerboating and the National Water Speed Records. The Authority Members are being asked to accept and adopt 'future proofed' Bye Laws, which means that references to 'Bluebird K7' and the 'Proving Trial' will be removed.

There is no need to worry about this, because if all parties agree running of craft such as K7 above 10mph could now be more numerous! (For those who have not looked at the current 2010 Bye Laws the BBP has the opportunity for only a single proving trial at present).

The Bye Law re-drafting process will take some time to complete, but all should be in place for a homecoming event in 2020 and to allow Speed Records Week to return later in that same year.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

These bylaws seam to be more complex than Abstract Algebra. Good to have you following the subject.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Mid month update.

The LDNPA members on the Authority Committee will next meet in October, at which time there may be more news on the discussions on the proposed Bye Law updating for Coniston Water.

My diary says that there are 50 weeks until 'summer 2020'.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

My diary says that there are 50 weeks until 'summer 2020'.
Realistically we'll need a go/no-go decision by the turn of the year or we'll be stood down again.

JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Any news? Or will this be decided just after the Brexit decision?
BR,
Joerg
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

All quiet, l'm afraid. Looks like no running next year, unfortunately.

oldpeculiar49

Post by oldpeculiar49 »

After reading the Twitter posts ,do I detect something afoot whats with all the sitting about in a museum bit, Bill, do you know something we don't ?
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

When you say “all quiet” does that mean silence nothing going on from either party ? What happened toGina saying she was going to mediate and settle it ?
Why cant the BBP just get some sponsors and money and go it alone and show off K7 without the museum .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Why cant the BBP just get some sponsors and money and go it alone and show off K7 without the museum .
We have sponsors and money and we'd be happy to run the boat but someone at the museum saw fit at the start of last year to wheel in a lawyer and we all know how that always leads to harmony and accord - never fails.

There was a slight problem in that whoever did that had no grasp of the position so all it did (apart from set the record straight with regard to the position, which was a good thing and long overdue) was waste a lot of time and money but it also set a precedent that if someone could be so foolish once then maybe they could do it again.

Agreement was reached on the way forward in 2013 but now the museum wants to re-negotiate that - not that there's any sign of this happening - but the main reasons we're in the workshop and not on the water are twofold.

Firstly, when we went to Bute we were a long way from finishing K7's rebuild. We had her at a point where we could test a lot of things, mainly ourselves, but there was, and remains, much work to do so we came back all ready to crack on with our work only to be brought to a standstill by events that followed.

Secondly, Bute was a big commitment not only for us but also for the isle and its community. The army came to put our slipway in and local people and businesses made provision to accommodate us and handle the increased visitors - a challenge they rose to magnificently. Then, when we got back, we were immediately invited to run on Coniston in July this year so we threw ourselves into that with equal commitment only to have the rug pulled later once we'd done a lot of preparation. To prevent total calamity we immediately invited the museum to join us in a joint venture back to Bute on the same dates but all we got was a lawyer's letter, the net result being that we had people all over the place having to cancel accommodation and take leave with nothing to go and look at. It was a disaster for no reason whatsoever.

For that reason we'll not be going back to the water until we're categorically assured that there'll be no similar shenanigans and we have a bulletproof contract in place to ensure that K7 lives and runs into the future - and is properly displayed the rest of the time - and until then those who want to continue working on the rebuild will do that and those who would prefer to wait for the ink to dry can develop our other projects.

Now you would imagine that, seeing as it's the museum that wants a new agreement, there would be emails flying and the phone would never stop in an effort to get this down but all we hear is deafening silence. So, in conclusion, in the absence of any progress we are not going to put our people, supporters or sponsors in the way of similar behaviour to what we saw at the start of this year until we are totally happy that there won't be any further issues.
It's not as though we're stuck for things to do, though. The Vulcan project was immensely fun and rewarding and extremely well received - summer is coming, watch this space.