Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Filtertron

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:34 pm
This makes it fairly easy to work out who they are very quickly, as it certainly was with old mate "Badger". They obviously don't have the smarts to know when to stop.
So far as I'm aware Mr H hasn't tried to post on here for a while. He's a super-easy one to spot so maybe he's realised just how ridiculous he's making himself look and, worse still, how he's making Gina look! I mean, she's always blown like a flag in a gale and we've all just rolled with the punches but with the poor deluded teabag in her ear she's estranged all her friends and that's worthy of note so I wonder how the current chapter in the K7 story will be remembered.
I doubt he would. He doesn't have a receptive audience here to egg him on. Name calling seems to be the trend at the moment, which is a good indication that he's lost the debate/argument and having nowhere left to maneuver on an intelligent level. His only option then is to get personal. Generally, he will try to be offensive as possible towards his target(s) with the names he chooses (rather ironic given his claim that he left such schoolyard behaviour behind fifty years ago). Depending on his target's personality, it could potentially be quite hurtful. In some cases, completely unwarranted. From my own perspective, he can go for his life. I have been called far worse by better people. If he wants to inhabit the gutter, he's welcome to it. I won't be joining him.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I have been called far worse by better people. If he wants to inhabit the gutter, he's welcome to it. I won't be joining him.
Just another without the balls to stand up and be counted under his real name. He has my number but the phone hasn't rung.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:02 pm
I have been called far worse by better people. If he wants to inhabit the gutter, he's welcome to it. I won't be joining him.
Just another without the balls to stand up and be counted under his real name. He has my number but the phone hasn't rung.
I'd hazard a guess that he thinks he's being clever, and is still completely anonymous at the moment. If it walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck...
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:37 am It's a carbon copy... Isn't there something going on with CN7 this year?
Maybe all the shenanigans have less to do with what is happening with CN7 this year than with March 23 next year?
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Maybe all the shenanigans have less to do with what is happening with CN7 this year than with March 23 next year?
Either way, to try and cut out all the guys and girls who gave so much to put the boat back together is utterly appalling and yet they would do it.
But one thing I just do not understand is what they thought was going to happen as a result of the 4th Jan hatchet job. Did they imagine there would be some sort of uprising? Never going to happen seeing as by far the greatest majority want to see K7 running. Did they think we'd be pilloried in the media? Never going to happen because in the grand scheme of things it's a tiny story. Did they think we'd just throw away all our hard work without the deal being honoured or a new one struck.

Just what exactly did they think would happen? That question honestly intrigues the life out of me because anyone with any knowledge of the project at all would see at once that the answer was nothing would happen.

It's still more incredible that as part of the treachery Gina even said that she knew that if I said I'd do something it got done and only a couple of weeks earlier I'd sat face to face and explained that nothing was going to happen until the deal was squared with the museum so if she knew that when I set my mind to something, and I'd obviously set my mind to having the project back on track before moving forward, why even bother to try and derail it? Surely the answer was to go shake up the museum and get things rolling from that end.

Or perhaps having the project back on track just didn't suit whatever agenda came with attempting to alter the donation agreement.

StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

I think there are several aspects at play here. The antics of last year and beginning of this year suggest that there is an alternative agenda. I suspect that seeing the boat run on Bute made certain parties see its worth and wanted that for themselves. By cutting out the BBP meant they could do a deal directly with the museum and cart the boat where they wanted.

The other aspect is the spoilt child. It goes back to one of my earlier posts about no one saying no to Violet. I truly believe that she thought that she could stand up in the museum and stamp her feet and every one would cave in, return the boat forthwith and hey presto, job done. Let’s be fair it has worked for her in the past. But what she and others have totally misunderstood is it is about a team of people their families, and all the other supporters not just 1 person. She in one act managed to sweep aside the hard work and dedication of the team and the generosity of the sponsors. Running on Bute cemented the idea that it should not be put into a “crusty old museum” and even managed to turn the odd naysayer.

I once heard it quoted that "you don't upset the Campbell’s". A very bold statement, clearly with a very exaggerated opinion of their self-importance. Respect is something you earn and Donald and Sir Malcom commanded that respect. However, riding their coat tails and attempting to capitalise on their successes does not command respect at all. Their energy would be better served supporting the people that have propelled Sir Malcom and Donald back into public awareness and ensuring that they were not forgotten heroes.
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

She once put too much milk in me tea as well. Unforgivable that is :(
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

You still drank it! Had it been one of us you'd have moaned your face off and poured it out. Don't upset the Campbells! :lol: :lol:

Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Should have left the Teabag in longer. Oh wait, that was before his time.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Should have left the Teabag in longer. Oh wait, that was before his time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: