Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Richie

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Richie »

Corr blimey !

I don’t do piston heads as have never really needed to, always heard it was a fantastic forum with lots and lots of knowledge on performance motors though.

I don’t really have time to surf tut web these days, too busy !

Likewise with bookface, maybe pop on and see what folk have been up to, watching Rich M’s twanglings on the guitar is usually quite cool too 😊.

Brothers in arms next please Rich 👍
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hi Ernie if your listening old friend? I’m afraid I have to say “ Yes “ I do think this is the case!! And quite capable of saying such things about me and others!!

I Never would have believed it but we are were we are but there you go thats life :|
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I Never would have believed it but we are were we are but there you go thats life :|
Next time you're at BBP HQ I'll show you some things you really won't believe!

But on a more encouraging note - it seems there's been some progress on the floor in the BB wing.

http://www.ruskinmuseum.com/content/con ... events.php

That can only be a good thing, perhaps we're moving forward at last. I shall email at once for the loading figures and then ask with pretty-please and a cherry on top if the facilities management folk will still look at it for us.

The problem isn't having the boat standing still, it's the horror story of turning the heavy lump through 90 degrees once it's through the door as anyone who has helped us get her out of her workshop will testify and we only have to get through about 30 degrees there!

Watch this space.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Good to see them taking action for once.

That said, the rest of the content of that page is a little.......how can I put it..... "interesting".
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

thunderer wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:04 pm Good to see them taking action for once.

That said, the rest of the content of that page is a little.......how can I put it..... "interesting".
Agreed. Subject to confirmation....

Yes.... hmm... Rather .. one sided...?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Well l've mailed and asked for the info we need so we'll see what it looks like when it arrives.

The worrying bit is the 'all anticipated loads' part because when l worked with the architect back in the day we agreed there was no real way to anticipate the loads so it was designed like a brick utility room and we know it wasn't built that way.

I'll be interested to see what loads have been anticipated because we couldn't do it.

Still, it's progress so we shall do what we can with it.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Happier times August 2018 on the Isle of Bute with many thanks to Mr. Paul Simpson for some amazing Photography 👍 “everyone” was really Happy back then!!

https://youtu.be/PDVFmqsSS7o?t=1849
Richie

Post by Richie »

Video is blocked....
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hi Richie yes it is :o I watched it when i first got the link but blocked by this WMG ?? Contacted Paul last night and he just said he was rather upset by You Tube??? So its not Pauls doing! I Initially thought I had done something wrong by posting the link but apparently not.
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Was copyrighted music used as a soundtrack? I've had videos blocked and the sound removed by Warners before. I presume that is who WMG is.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."