Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Jordangbr

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by Jordangbr »

Just for the avoidance of any doubt I’m not playing the role of moderator between ourselves and the Trustees just a point of contact to try and start the ball rolling.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Just for the avoidance of any doubt I’m not playing the role of moderator between ourselves and the Trustees just a point of contact to try and start the ball rolling.
That's because video conferences are the only way people meet these days and you understand that stuff and I'm not learning how to do it when you already know. :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Orchard

Post by Orchard »

Is it time to be cautiously optimistic?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Is it time to be cautiously optimistic?
Not sure but hopefully. We'll just have to wait and see what Jordan comes back with.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:41 pm Open letter sent today.

Dear Sirs,

Further to your brief correspondence of 11th September stating your desire for a ‘firm, enforceable arrangement’ we confirm that we are more than happy to work towards just such an arrangement so long as it protects the interests of all concerned.

Of late, many, including members of the public, the project team, supporters and sponsors have become somewhat weary of what are viewed as unnecessary delays visited upon this endeavour so we feel the time to see matters dealt with expediently is long overdue.

To that end you will soon be contacted by Mr. Jordan Aspin to organise a video conference in order that we can both set out what we need to move forwards. Jordan is a Cumbrian local. Based in Barrow and a very capable and professional man and so an excellent candidate to host a video conference. Once you have had your meeting with Jordan we will be able to plan our next step.

We hope that this plan meets with your approval, look forward to hearing from you and remain.

Yours faithfully.

The Bluebird Project Team
This seems like a very fair & positive offer - to try to 'unstick' things and move towards the goal of having K7 based in Consiton.

But... what do I know.....? :?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

This seems like a very fair & positive offer - to try to 'unstick' things and move towards the goal of having K7 based in Consiton.
We think it's pretty reasonable. The boat isn't going into the wing without a bulletproof contract that allows us to get it back out and run on water (the 2013 one will do but we can all improve on that one) so that's that and it has long been understood that K7 as built to be fully operational and we'd maintain her so there's no arguing with that either so all that's left is a deal that gives everyone a slice of what they want or the museum can ask for their parts back and we have a clean break and a complete divorce - that would be silly. Getting around a table in the spirit of cooperation has to be the way forward.

Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Just a quick note to say I’ve emailed a letter to the Trustees as previously mentioned. Hopefully we may hear something soon.
Bangers!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Any news ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Not had a reply as yet. I sent an email to the Trustees yesterday to ask if they had received the initial email.
Bangers!
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

I spoke to soon.
I’ve had a reply from the Trustees saying that they will consider my request for an online meeting at their next Trustee meeting which should be happening some time mid October. Hopefully we will be able set some dates and try and move things forward.
Fingers crossed.
Bangers!