New girl with questions . . .

Renegadenemo

Re: New girl with questions . . .

Post by Renegadenemo »

no ashtray either...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I still think the dash went with Futcher, and the plaques, well Gina has the Bluebird one, because it was on the dash of the Agfa Bluebird...............

As for Fiching, I am saying nothing!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the dash went with one of the divers. Divers are like that. In all the years I was diving it was our collective mission to rip, cut and rag anything of any remote value, intrinsic or sentimental, off anyone's shipwreck with total disregard for who might own it or care. I was therefore astonished when I warned people of the looming danger to K7 in view of the fact that we'd found her and therefore others could do likewise only to be accused of scaremongering for my own ends. Several dive teams now have the necessary facilities and motivation to find her and If that wreck had been left down there she'd have been stripped bare by now.

klingon

Post by klingon »

Got this nice binnacle says "Rms Titanic" on it-do you know anyone with a hyperbaric chamber in a hurry?
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Renegadenemo wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the dash went with one of the divers. Divers are like that. In all the years I was diving it was our collective mission to rip, cut and rag anything of any remote value, intrinsic or sentimental, off anyone's shipwreck with total disregard for who might own it or care. I was therefore astonished when I warned people of the looming danger to K7 in view of the fact that we'd found her and therefore others could do likewise only to be accused of scaremongering for my own ends. Several dive teams now have the necessary facilities and motivation to find her and If that wreck had been left down there she'd have been stripped bare by now.

Yeah but Bill, it's just some divers are "nicer" about it, especially Geordie ones!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Steve, thanks for being so kind but what really saved K7 was the four years we spent looking for her. Had we turned her up straight away we'd have stolen the tail - that was the plan. But by the time we found the wreck we were immersed in the story and had met so many of the players from 66/67. We hadn't the heart to start nicking bits - well, I did steal the spray baffle but I'll put that back - we wanted to save the old girl instead and we've been working towards that ever since.

elgringo

Post by elgringo »

Just reread this thread, and wondered whether anyone can answer my last question, which was . . . .

7. Can anyone shed light on the book/notes discovered by Petty Officer Eddie Yates in March 2001 (by Ken Norris and DMC) which included drawings of the various prototypes that led to the design of K7 ?

Cheers,
L
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I beleive it was just a re-hash, done for the Admiralty, of all the comparision calc's, water tank and wind tunnel tests conducted by Norris Bros, Faireys and the Admiralty at Haslar
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:But by the time we found the wreck we were immersed in the story and had met so many of the players from 66/67. We hadn't the heart to start nicking bits - well, I did steal the spray baffle but I'll put that back - we wanted to save the old girl instead and we've been working towards that ever since.
................ and one day in Janauary you parked Predator in front of members of the Speed Record Club and there after had two of them watching everything that was happening on the lake.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

and one day in Janauary you parked Predator in front of members of the Speed Record Club and there after had two of them watching everything that was happening on the lake.
And don't for one second imagine we couldn't have plundered the wreck to bits with those two completely oblivious... We didn't have to invite them aboard and we could've removed the entire thing piecemeal under a heap of rebreathers. Divers are a cunning and enterprising lot when it comes to thievery. We once taught the underwater cops a clever new technique for lifting their clump weights and while they were amusing themselves with this party trick we nicked half their gear.