New Members

woodsmanuk

Re: New Members

Post by woodsmanuk »

Nobody on the Bluebird Project has ever taken 'a cut'
sorry, I think you misunderstand..
I meant that the 'project' should be taking a cut. It's going to be very lucrative for the local businesses I'm sure they would be happy to contribute to the BIGGEST event to happen in Conison for a while. Don't tell me you couldn't use some free kerosene or the like...

On another note, will the 'new' k7 plane properly at 100mph? :roll:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

She'll be fine... we'll just have Rob do some work under the jetpipe before we take her out and the weight of abandoned rivet guns, hammers, blocks, broken lights, spilt rivets and all the other nameless junk he trails in his wake like a comet's tail will give the boat just the right trim.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

See what i have to put up with. If i dont tidy up i get these sarky comments, but the minute i do pick a brush up im pic of the day for a bloody fortnight. :? :? :? :D
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
jimleen

Post by jimleen »

Hi chaps,

Just saw a program on Sky News about the project, and it reawakened an old interest for me. I think I'll be looking for the Tony Hopkins program on the interweb next!

Good luck to the project. And fingers crossed for 2012.

Regards
Izatt

Post by Izatt »

One must not forget that K7 is a Sussex boat - the Norris Bros workshop being rather less that 15 miles from where I write at this moment.
Norris brothers worked on the boat and the car based in West Sussex, my grandad had the pleasure of being involved and was nicknamed "trouble" by Donald. He spent many wonderful hours bashing it, welding it and making sure it ran. I think his favourite bits were listening to it with a stethoscope to check all the ball bearings were in the right place and the right size, it was a trial of love and they loved every second as I'm sure the team do now (when they're not cursing over her) :D
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Would that be be Bill Izatt? Lovely bloke (and one who loved a mug of tea!) he was a great help when I wrote Leap into Legend (along with Peter, Tony and Mike to name but three that were stuck out in the wooden extension with him).

I have some pictures somewhere of Bill that weren't used if you'd like them?
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Izatt

Post by Izatt »

That would be fantastic :D
Happy to report he still loves his cuppa :lol: and seeing all the pictures coming back out is making him a very happy man and keening a real interest from me.......
Thanks
driver55

Post by driver55 »

Hello all, not sure this is the correct area but just signed up to the forum and wanted to say hello.

Can't believe I have missed out on all the past with this project, only just discovered it and am well and truly hooked.

Keep up the good work ;)

All the best,

Ste
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Can't believe I have missed out on all the past with this project, only just discovered it and am well and truly hooked.
There's ten years worth of catching up to be had in the diary archive if you really want to fill your boots. Welcome aboard!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
driver55

Post by driver55 »

Yep, read most of it last night. Amazing!! :o