Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

Girl

Re: When Will She Run Again?

Post by Girl »

Mike Bull wrote:...and there's a twenty quid donation fine payable for asking! :D

Lol....forgot to mention that, sorry Mike :D

Girl
Renegadenemo

Re: Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi all!,
Im trying to find any dates of trial runs of "Bluebird K7" Can anyone help?
Many thanks,
Simon Waterhouse
Simon, our stock answer is - when the last rivet is in the last hole and the blue paint goes on.

The rebuild is entirely volunteer driven, every day is another push into the unknown - no one has ever done anything like this before - and, even when the machine is back in one piece, we still need some good weather before we can get her wet. Best to keep an eye on the website and make sure you're there at the end.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

".... we still need some good weather before we can get her wet. "

Whose organising that then, Bill??? :lol:
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

An update on progress.

If it is not in the post then the opportunity to write to DEFRA about the Bluebird Project Trial of K7 (as defined in the proposed amended Coniston Water bye law) has now ended. It may take a few days for the mail box to be emptied.

There had been no objections recorded a week ago, so the signs are encouraging that there will not be a public enquiry and we will not have to work with LDNPA on any changed wording either.

As with all things, it will take a shortwhile for the Secretary of State to put pen to paper to confirm that the LDNPA can proceed with bringing the new bye laws into effect with the application of their seal.

Now the hard work starts on planning the Trial event, which, just to please Ted, Bill and those who may have to lay a spanner on the boat, has to be in the coldest months of the year. Glad Operations can be beside a roaring log fire with radio comms. to those freezing their n...s off beside or on the water :lol:

Head down for another twelve months or so ............ and before anyone asks, I do not know the b....y dates!
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Now the hard work starts on planning the Trial event, which, just to please Ted, Bill and those who may have to lay a spanner on the boat, has to be in the coldest months of the year
You better be kidding me! We're not taking that pile of tin anywhere unless someone can guarantee the weather forecast.

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Fine and settled my arse :D
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

Bearing in mind my canopy usually fogs up so I cannot see much of where I’m going until I reach a 'certain' speed is it alright is I ask Mike to put a nice heater in the cockpit? :D (as opposed to the one pointing in the other direction ;) )
From previous experience on Coniston in November I know that down to peel island from the cafe takes around 30 seconds, the return leg anything up to 2 1/2 hours depending upon the tow boat...Brrr
Still its so unlike the LDNPA to inconvenience visitors to the area in such a way i.e. having 50,000 people standing in the freezing cold just ‘cos they say so.(dig). :lol: ..
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I've always maintained that the LDNPA should actually be the LDNP, the A misrepresents them completely.

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Just be thankful that there are no government plans (yet) to sell off the lake to a private owner, as has happened with some of the nearby woodland. I would rather work with an Authority which has public accountability.

More news when it arrives.

If we guarantee the weather forecast for minus five temperatures throughout the trial does that count? For some in the world that may count as 'good weather'.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If we guarantee the weather forecast for minus five temperatures throughout the trial does that count? For some in the world that may count as 'good weather'.
Nope - temp can do as it pleases and if they want short days so the viewing public get as little value as possible then we can only shake our heads at their shortsightedness but what we can't (and won't) try to work in is wind and rain so they'd best get their sh*t together!