Bluebird & Other Scale Models

ace_chris

Re: Bluebird Models

Post by ace_chris »

Hi Damian that model looks grand, I see they do a 64 version too. Looks to be good value for money much better than that speedline muck, which I note has gone up in price too!!!
DamienB

Post by DamienB »

No paint or glue I'm afraid. As it's resin you'll need to invest in some super glue, sanding sticks or some fine grade wet and dry, dust mask and so on. Paint - black, mid grey, gunmetal for the jetpipe and, I suppose, some blue might be necessary. I'm not sure what shade. Perhaps somebody here could suggest a colour match, I don't believe the subject has been raised recently... :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

How about some filler to get the bloody nose the right shape! Why do they always cock that up?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

You still talking about the model kit?!
Well I was, but there's the dubious shape at the pointy end of our tribute act to consider and then the hacksaw job we've done on our tin girl this week when letting in bits of recovered scrap from the lakebed so probably none of them are exactly right as we speak. No matter - it'll fix!

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

You're obviously more familiar with the subject than I - how far is it off? Looking at it again I think it's a bit narrow from the cockpit forward but the only published drawings I've seen are exactly the same so presumably it's based on those...?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

From the picture of the completed model it looks to be nowhere near at all. The nose of the resin casting is chopped off in the pic. Maybe you could photograph that end and I'll give you a few pointers.

DamienB

Post by DamienB »

How's this...

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Good points Mike but does the air intake look right.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Bloody miles away, as usual. What's their excuse?

Having said that,
to be fair it's a hell of a shape to get right in any scale- be it 1/72 or 1/1!
Never a truer word was spoken. We stand in front of the damn thing day in, day out looking at the shape and looking at the reference shots and we still can't always decide if it's right or not, but it's still a hell of a lot closer than that model, even on a bad day.

alslad

Post by alslad »

Mike Bull wrote:Damn, I was quite keen on getting one of these but seeing the raw castings now in such detail, there's a lot wrong there. Cockpit sides, foredeck area, steering blister, nose profile, flutes, base of tail fin, all are quite inaccurate. I'm sure it would still build into a reasonable little desktop item nonetheless, and one day I may be tempted.

Still, we should be grateful that such a thing is produced at all, as there are far more horrendous K7 items out there, and to be fair it's a hell of a shape to get right in any scale- be it 1/72 or 1/1! :lol:
Just a thought folks, but has anyone considered commissioning a 'licensed by the Bluebird Project' model - you could have the old girl 3D scanned when she is finished and have the most accurate model ever produced. You never know, sales may even help with her semi-retrement fund!

Darren
Treat life's problems like your dog would... if you can't eat it or sh*g it, just pee on it and walk away