I'm still chuckling at it myself. You're a good sport Checkie!
I'll second that. A good sport indeed.
Anyone else would've dived for cover at the first blast of talc and, if it's any consolation, I first started laughing at John when he threw the first lot at the centre of the engine where the start turbine lives but it exhausts forwards so he got it straight back.
On a serious note, the development and testing on Saturday saw the system comfortably holding 1600psi after we'd snagged most of the leaks and reworked a component or two to squeeze in some extra o-rings. Then at 1650psi a small defect in the fitting on the left-hand bottle showed itself so that put an end to inching up the pressure but we did get the compressed air down to a reasonable temperature by going to 1500psi then blowing off 500psi to chill the bottles then topping them off again quick as you like. With denser air in the bottles and a tweak on the PRV we finally managed to match the performance set out on the old test sheets from Haywards heath in 66 for air consumption so that was a great result. We've the issue on the left-hand bottle fitting to sort and two minor leaks above the main air valve still outstanding then we'll be pushing on to 2000psi. We're not sure until we put it to the test but that ought to give us four healthy starts as long as the engine is warm for the final one. From there we can pare our requirements down as far as possible for operating purposes and hopefully end up with WP of only 1000psi and two good starts for K7's return to the lake.