20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - The Diving Thread

Richie

Re: 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - The Diving Thread

Post by Richie »

Not a bad days diving today... the quarry was quiet but I soon understood why as we descended past 10mtrs someone turned out the lights, and the vis ! Speaking with staff from the venue it seems a severe algae bloom is present, it was reminiscent of a few of my first qualifying dives in the North Sea.

Couldn’t be bothered with my gloves today so went without, the temp change as we passed into the cloud of doom was very noticeable indeed but we managed nonetheless !

Shut down drills practiced, was going to do some practice with DSMB and lift bag, but the vis was so shocking and my buddy wasn’t feeling too good.....a quick play about then we ascended through the soup.

Weirdly it was quite nice being wrapped in a dark blanket, don’t know why, just seemed quite tranquil ? Am I weird !?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Weirdly it was quite nice being wrapped in a dark blanket, don’t know why, just seemed quite tranquil ? Am I weird !?
Sounds like I didn't miss much. The dark tranquil blanket is OK when you're safe near the surface. It's not so much fun when you're a long way down with nets everywhere. If you enjoyed that you would be weird! :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

You've probably seen this before, apologies if so, but.... I was waiting for the live Spacex rocket launch before & when it was scrubbed I chanced upon this website - live ocean exploration diving!!
https://nautiluslive.org/
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
Richie

Post by Richie »

The ROVARGUS is a remake / development from Ballards original design which he used to find the two US Subs then Titanic. (That device was towed though)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."